Reasons why FORD builds plants overseas (Newest Brazil Plant)

THE_STIG

Established Member
Good for Ford, to hell with the UAW, they are the ones killing the big three, not other car companies.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Good for Ford, to hell with the UAW, they are the ones killing the big three, not other car companies.

I was proud of the UAW for what they accepted during the last round of contract negotiations, then I saw they just struck at the plant where GM builds the new Malibus. They can go to hell for all I care.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if all of Ford's production went overseas someday. They'd be one of the largest import car manufacturers in the US.

How ironic.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if all of Ford's production went overseas someday. They'd be one of the largest import car manufacturers in the US.
How ironic.

If we were ever to have a World War on the scope of WWI or WWII, I wonder if our US manufacturing base could or would need to converted to support such a global campaign?

Let's just say IF it were needed, are there enough large plants of the correct type to supply what we would need with most heavy manufacturing going over seas.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
:nonono:

Yeah , it's us. The big bad union members. :bash:

As a UAW guy, do you have any clue why the asswipes are striking the Malibu plant? I've heard a lot of the union membership striking doesn't even know why. The theory is the UAW is trying to use the local issues to justify a strike, but is ACTUALLY trying to force GM's hand to pressure American Axle to get their strike resolved.

Either way, then the engineers finally send these asswipes a car to build that people want to buy, you shouldn't strike.

actually all US Companies have been doing this because it cuts labor costs, and overhead, and taxes. this is why we are now supporting the rest of the world's economy, and ours is crumbling before our very eyes.

crappy as the Unions are, letting these plants close down in the US and open up in other countries, is making things worse on our economy.

SVT4ME

Established Member
I don't know enough to comment but I would think there's greed going on on both sides, management and the workers. Is it that management asked for pay cuts across the board and the UAW said no? So now management is now going else where to have their cars made?

canibus

Established Member
it's getting hard standing up for ford. lately they've ben making some great moves though. It should be a promising future

snake134

i think this "recession" isnt just limited to the US....it will effect the whole world sonner or later(if it has not already started)

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
As a UAW guy, do you have any clue why the asswipes are striking the Malibu plant? I've heard a lot of the union membership striking doesn't even know why. The theory is the UAW is trying to use the local issues to justify a strike, but is ACTUALLY trying to force GM's hand to pressure American Axle to get their strike resolved.

Either way, then the engineers finally send these asswipes a car to build that people want to buy, you shouldn't strike.

During contract negotiations you have your national contract , but then it breaks down into local negotiations to cover specific issues that pertain to that plant specifically. If Im not mistaken , they have been working without the local contract ever being finished/ resolved unless Im confusing this with a different plant. Alot of the union not knowing why it's going on makes sense since we generally dont know what is going on unless it is in our specific plant. I myself dont think that they are pushing the strike to pressure american axle , but then again im just a line worker so I could be wrong. I know for myself and the people I work with , we understand the situation of the times and that both sides need to work together to get through it and that sacrifices had to be made which I think was done this contract.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
no its not. It's $7 a liter in Europe.

they don't measure standard...they measure in metric.

Gas is not 30 dollars a gallon in Europe. Gas, however, has been 5+ dollars a gallon for 20 + years in Europe. I was in Italy in 1989 and I saw a sign for Petroleum and did the conversion to dollars. I remember thinking that it was right in line with what we payed. That was until someone pointed out that it was sold in liters, not gallons.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
CURRENT RESULTS of the American Axle Strike

Copied form a GM Dealer post on BUffalo, NY board (where American Axle Plant is located)

Plants/Vehicles affected by American Axle strike
Thought this might interest some people. Inventory is at a premium, that I can personally attest to. I just hope they get this resolved quickly because the CEO of American Axle is willing to ride it out or get new workers and if it continues too much longer we won't have any new cars to sell. Thank God we have enough dealerships to be able to handle it. When GM went on strike back in 1998 or 1999 we actually lost one of our stores, a Chevrolet store on Camp Rd in Hamburg where the giant RV place is now.

Pontiac Assembly
Chevrolet Silverado Pickup
GMC Sierra Pickup

Flint Assembly
HD Chevrolet Silverado Pickup
HD GMC Sierra Pickup

Moraine Assembly
Chevrolet Trailblazer
GMC Envoy
SAAB 9-7

Arlington Assembly (Production resumes 5/5)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Chevrolet Suburban
GMC Yukon
GMC Yukon XL
Cadillac Escalade
Cadillac Escalade ESV

Wentzville Assembly
Chevrolet Express Van
GMC Savana Van

Shreveport Assembly
Hummer H3

Mishiwaka Assembly
Hummer H2

Detroit Hamtramck Assembly (Resumed production Monday April 28)
Buick Lucerne
Cadillac DTS

Lordstown Assembly (Lordstown is still running and did NOT stop production).
Chevrolet Cobalt
Pontiac G5

Ramos Arizpe, Mexico Assembly (Down 2 weeks, 4/21 and 4/28, resume production 5/5)
Chevrolet HHR

Lansing Delta Township Assembly (Production stopped 4/17 due to local GM - UAW disagreement)
Buick Enclave
GMC Acadia
Saturn Outlook

Fairfax Assembly On local strike as of Monday 5/5 at 9:00 AM
2008 Chevy Malibu
2008 Saturn AURA

Oshawa Car Assembly (Reduced to 2 shifts from 3 shifts)
Buick LaCrosse
Chevy Impala (Not producing the Impala SS, the Impala LTZ or the Anniversary Impala - due to parts shortage for the FE3 Sport Suspension)

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

How ironic.

Maybe they will sell us some of the same products they sell over here in Europe!!! Shit they'd then become our greatest importer, LOL Ford as an import car!

Users who are viewing this thread