"Rebuild" time...

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
I am not trying to force anyone into going Aluminum. It was a mere suggestion since this block we are talking about has already been machined once and overheated as well after that. It is another option for the OP while it is apart, that is all. Get over your self buddy and relax.

Next thing, calling an 05+ Alum block a WAP block is going to confuse people as well. WAP block meaning "Windsor Aluminum Plant" is different then the 05+ blocks which has already been stated by Joe, a "Nemak" built block. There is a difference between these blocks and the process on how they are made. Calling both a WAP block is just more confusion for the people that are trying to do research on which block to use.

Through some reading in the past on some "other forums" I read, not saying this is a fact, that J Mihovitz has also used the 05+ Alum block in his race car with great success. I am going to state it again so it is CLEAR, I "read" I have no "proof" or "experience" at that power level, it was a mere post I read multiple times on multiple very good technical forums that he does/did use it. I do not want to be attacked because someone thinks I am regurgitating all my info from what someone else said. This is the only comment I have made where I have no actual experience with. The rest of my comments I do have experience with, its not regurgitated info that someone else said on a forum, its real life experience if you want to believe it or not, so be it.

-Ed Jr.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
I am not trying to force anyone into going Aluminum. It was a mere suggestion since this block we are talking about has already been machined once and overheated as well after that. It is another option for the OP while it is apart, that is all. Get over your self buddy and relax.

Next thing, calling an 05+ Alum block a WAP block is going to confuse people as well. WAP block meaning "Windsor Aluminum Plant" is different then the 05+ blocks which has already been stated by Joe, a "Nemak" built block. There is a difference between these blocks and the process on how they are made. Calling both a WAP block is just more confusion for the people that are trying to do research on which block to use.

Through some reading in the past on some "other forums" I read, not saying this is a fact, that J Mihovitz has also used the 05+ Alum block in his race car with great success. I am going to state it again so it is CLEAR, I "read" I have no "proof" or "experience" at that power level, it was a mere post I read multiple times on multiple very good technical forums that he does/did use it. I do not want to be attacked because someone thinks I am regurgitating all my info from what someone else said. This is the only comment I have made where I have no actual experience with. The rest of my comments I do have experience with, its not regurgitated info that someone else said on a forum, its real life experience if you want to believe it or not, so be it.

-Ed Jr.

Slow down there big chief. No one is "attacking" you. You speak often in sentences that are almost word for word lifted from Ed. It's easy to draw a line to you and Ed. You also are in his camp on about every single topic. You for all intent and purposes are an Ed Jr. Unless you are older than him. Then you are Ed Sr.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Slow down there big chief. No one is "attacking" you. You speak often in sentences that are almost word for word lifted from Ed. It's easy to draw a line to you and Ed. You also are in his camp on about every single topic. You for all intent and purposes are an Ed Jr. Unless you are older than him. Then you are Ed Sr.

Let's see some examples then....

Because I called the block an "Aluminator" or because I am using Gibtec pistons? Does that make me copy things Ed says? Show me where I speak like Ed word for word? Give me a break man. I do not know what your problem is. God forbid I try to help this guy out with his issues, I immediately get called Ed lol.

I guess everytime I read a post, I call him and ask him what I should say then post it! hahaha

None of my comments in this thread trying to help the OP have anything to do with Ed or anything he has said in any post anywhere. My suggestions are all based off of MY experiences over the past 17 some odd years working on Mod motors.

Do you want me to show you the pictures of the cracked blocks I have personally tore down? I did not reference that based off of what Ed has said that I read off of a forum post, I have experienced it, more than once. I work on these cars daily, not just mine. I have built, torn down, diagnosed hundreds of mod motor engines. I have seen alot. Some of my suggestions may agree with what Ed has stated somewhere, that does not mean I am repeating something he is saying. Its called having first hand experience with this stuff......

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Let's see some examples then....

Because I called the block an "Aluminator" or because I am using Gibtec pistons? Does that make me copy things Ed says? Show me where I speak like Ed word for word? Give me a break man. I do not know what your problem is. God forbid I try to help this guy out with his issues, I immediately get called Ed lol.

I guess everytime I read a post, I call him and ask him what I should say then post it! hahaha

None of my comments in this thread trying to help the OP have anything to do with Ed or anything he has said in any post anywhere. My suggestions are all based off of MY experiences over the past 17 some odd years working on Mod motors.

Do you want me to show you the pictures of the cracked blocks I have personally tore down? I did not reference that based off of what Ed has said that I read off of a forum post, I have experienced it, more than once. I work on these cars daily, not just mine. I have built, torn down, diagnosed hundreds of mod motor engines. I have seen alot. Some of my suggestions may agree with what Ed has stated somewhere, that does not mean I am repeating something he is saying. Its called having first hand experience with this stuff......
I will actually own up to the fact that I mixed you and another member up. I think you and I were the one agreeing in the auto thread. I apologize. I'm still going to call you Ed Jr. though.

Edit: I've got a cracked iron block in the garage on the stand right now lol.

Users who are viewing this thread