Rebuild Update Thread for TallOkie

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Figured I would just start one thread instead of a new one every time I get something new.....lets begin

tear down begins:
DSCN0256.jpg

further than I have ever been in a motor:
DSCN0260.jpg

look at all the parts:
DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0267.jpg

now what caused this:
DSCN0265.jpg

DSCN0266.jpg

oh yes this probably had something to do with the above:
DSCN0274.jpg

hard at work:
erickinbay.jpg

ready to pull:
DSCN0275.jpg

missing her bad:
DSCN0217-1.jpg

The $6 Man

Dopetastic K. Shizzle
Established Member
It looks like there's tons of space with just a short block in there, I may be doing that sometime in the not so distant future. You bagging and tagging a lot of stuff to remember where it goes when it's time to put it back together?

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
It looks like there's tons of space with just a short block in there, I may be doing that sometime in the not so distant future. You bagging and tagging a lot of stuff to remember where it goes when it's time to put it back together?

sure am...and it all fits in the bed nicely

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
pulling the grills to custom paint the the same as the rims...put a nice clear on them to get some shine:

DSCN0276.jpg

DSCN0277.jpg

Last edited:

shamrock216

Established Member
Looks like a puzzle I could never put together!!!!

I'll be near your neck of the woods next Wednesday for a dyno tune (SW tuning in OKC).

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
All too familiar sight, lol. Why'd you pull the a/c compressor instead of just laying it in the bay?

I hope you get 'er back together and running soon! Srping is coming.

FordFanStan

Established Member
I'm going to steal your thread idea soon lol. Nice work, it's always fun doing the work yourself but sometimes it can be a real pain. BTW, I use to have to bag and tag everything, now I'm learning them a little better, but Dante damn he just just throws all the hardware and pieces frome verything in one entire box and when it comes time to put it all back together he can just tell what every single piece or bolt or nut goes to lol... Stan

Scotts Elle

Yup. Still don't care.
Established Member
Doing any machine work? Those pistons stock bore? Will JLP balance those goodies for you? Great project!

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
Doing any machine work? Those pistons stock bore? Will JLP balance those goodies for you? Great project!

Those pistons are .020 over, I got a machine shop that is going to bore and hone the block, freshen up the crank, deck the block, balance the rotating assembly, and assemble the shortblock for me

Users who are viewing this thread