Recaro Leather Tear Repair

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Hello All,

I had two pretty serious tears appear out of nowhere in my drivers side recaro.

Has anyone has success repairing the leather or getting a satisfactory seat cover to replace?

I’ll be looking at some local shops to see about repairing but figured I’d ask the members on here.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I think a local upholsterer is your best solution. I need to do the same.
I reached out to a local shop that seems very good. Im not thrilled that I have to repair the seat but I am a bit interested in seeing what I could do as far as customization with quality leather and cost.

I don’t mind the aesthetics so if they can back patch and fill in fine with that as well in all honesty.

nrmustang

Established Member
I stumbled on this company not too long ago. I haven’t personally seen their product, but very intriguing seeing as though NOS Recaro seat covers are $1500+ PER COVER (upper/lower).

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
I stumbled on this company not too long ago. I haven’t personally seen their product, but very intriguing seeing as though NOS Recaro seat covers are $1500+ PER COVER (upper/lower).

I researched lseat in my quest for seat covers and found a janky website, no real contact info and very poor reviews.
I think the upholsterer would be your best bet. If you're handy and can live w/o the car for a week or so. You could take the seat out, remove the cover and take to the shop, get it repaired and reinstall to save a few ducats. It's not that difficult.

726FD0D3-E371-4A97-92BE-C98E79B789BD.jpeg

Last edited:

Blkblk13car

Established Member
I researched lseat in my quest for seat covers and found a janky website, no real contact info and very poor reviews.
I think the upholsterer would be your best bet. If you're handy and can live w/o the car for a week or so. You could take the seat out, remove the cover and take to the shop, get it repaired and reinstall to save a few ducats. It's not that difficult.

View attachment 1798716
This might be my strategy depending on what the shops say. My tears are in the dead center of the seat with the striped textured area so wondering if they can match that and put in a new section.

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Follow up question: what are the recaros we all have called? As in the actual seat frame model so if I want to I can grab some cloth covers?

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
AFAIK all 10-14 are the same, '15-'19? are narrower and '20 up are back wider.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
The ‘13-14 had a different Recaro and is called the ‘sport’ compared to the GT350/500 tighter ‘club’ Recaro.
If you research it you can see the Recaro model we have to order covers.
I’d talk to the guys at Shelby American as they may have some take off ‘13-14 Recaro skins available.
Some of us here have take off sets (I have 2 blue stripe cover sets).
Take pics and see what the local shop can do.
Good luck.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread