Recaro seat issues

pickles

Established Member
Anyone else with Recaro seats have problems with their seat tracks? A few days after buying my car new from the dealer I noticed the passenger seat would not move forward nor back.. jammed completely. Took it to ford and they installed a new seat track (900$ part under warranty). Now 7000 miles later and only moving the seat a hand full of times, it's not working again..

Buddy of mine has the same problem with his brand new 14' with recaros, also the passenger seat.

Anyone else run in to this issue??

95_Slowbra

Established Member
Yeah my passenger seat has the same
problems when it either goes, all the way forward, or all the way backward. Never stuck in the middle.. Ill keep an eye on it.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

dmichaels

Established Member
I think mine might have that issue too but my passenger seat is almost never used... Should to check tho as I have to bing the car in because something is screwy with the gas door which is causing the CEL to keep going on. Quite annoying.

kingnut

Established Member
yeah my passenger seat was a pain in the ass to move. it would move but took a ton of force.

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Hi everyone,

If you're having any concerns with your seat not moving (or being difficult to move), go ahead and schedule an appointment with your dealer and send me a PM with your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll see what I can do to help.

Ashley

Alaska

Established Member
Ashley, are there ball bearings in the seat track? I found what appeared to be a ball bearing in the back floorboard of my GT500. I couldn't think of a source at the time, but this thread made me wonder...

FordService

Official Ford Service Rep
Established Member
Ashley, are there ball bearings in the seat track? I found what appeared to be a ball bearing in the back floorboard of my GT500. I couldn't think of a source at the time, but this thread made me wonder...

Alaska,

I'm not a technician, so I'm not the best source for technical questions. If you're concerned about the ball bearing, I recommend giving your dealer a call and running your question by them.

Ashley

Badlilstang

Established Member
So does the issue only happen on the passenger side? Mine stays all the way back and I never move it so I am not sure. Now I am going to go out side and try it lol. Never had a problem with the driver seat.

Users who are viewing this thread