Recaro Seats in Cobra?

bulldog427

Established Member
I got some Recaros that I am thinking about selling.

They are the ones with the mesh netting headrests.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If someone really wants authentic recaros, I will probably be selling my Saleen Recaros front and rear. They are the real deal, not just recovered GT seats. Check the link I posted above for pics. The driver's seat has a little bit of wear, but the passenger seat is in awesome condition and the rear seat looks brand new.

white2001cobra

Established Member
DSC00105.jpg
[/IMG]

SlowImport

Established Member
Here are some recaro's that I am wanting to instal in my Cobra.

mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-recaro-seat.jpg

They are out of a 2007 Mitsubishi Evo. I like how they have more bolstering around the sholder area. One thing I dont like about the Cobra seats is how I feel like I sit on them and not in them. My Daily drive which is a 2003 WRX seems to have a better seat then the 03 Cobra's. Plus it will also make the car a little lighter in the process.

I forgot to mention that these are out of the MR edition Evos. The regular Evo's have the seats that Dover has in his car. Same design just different covers.

later,
Josh

Last edited:

svtleen

Established Member
Last edited:

prez1967

Established Member
Everyone is posting pictures of their Recaros or commenting on how good other cars look but no one is commenting on how the seat swap modified the seating position!?

I have Recaro SRDs in my 1993 Mustang GT. I needed them to actually fit in the car lol. I'm 6'7" and the seats not only lowered my seating position enough to comfortably use a helmet.. they also moved me back far enough to necesitate the use of a remote shift linkage (still in the works but think Bruce Griggs's car).

I have a second set of SRDs sitting in my garage for the past 4 months and i'm debating whether to install them in my 1995 M3 or sell the M3 and get a 2003-2004 Cobra.

I'd like to know how much lower people with recaro seats sit in the SN95 body style... i remember sitting in a 2000 Cobra R 4 years ago at Carlisle but i dont remember how i fit... normally my left knee gets pinned between steering wheel and door panel in stock SN95s...

Any help would be appreciated.

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Thread Starter - I have that exact seat in my cobra vert, thing weighs like 8 pounds max, the brackets are what weigh alot (25-30). I used Brackets from a Courbeau and fabbed up some elbows to mount it to the seat. (Courb. Mount under the seat and the Recaro has side Mounts, only reason I went with this bracket is because of the slide feature)

Pros -

- Seat feels amazing once your in, Hugs your body and the bolsters are soft yet firm and tight, makes your stock cobra feel like it has a full coilover/road race susp.
- Weight Savings
- Looks Great

Cons -

- Entering and Exiting; sucks ass at first but can get used to it
- No Recline, always in race position and cant take naps if needed.
- Expensive (Got mine damn near brand new from a friend for 250 bucks haha)

Digital

Established Member
I have Black Corbeau TRS Cloth seats in mine /w black 3" 5pnt Harnesses.
In south florida the sun bakes the shit out of my inside and even though the suede was nice it still got semi-hot.
They are light, about half the weight of my driver seat, combined.
Also as a added bonus they look sharp, adjust to all the settings I need, and are pretty comfy.
Also because they are cloth stains come right, as a matter of fact when I got them I spilled a can of coke on the driver seat, didnt even dry it and the car sat for 6 months, I got it back recently and used a little cleaner, it came right out. +1 for cloth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread