Reckless driving update...

davbrucas

Banned
got busted messing around with an SC LX mustang last month. went to court today for arraignment expecting the worst...especially when the judge made a statement that anybody out racing on the hwy would go to jail if they plead guilty or no contest in front of him. :uh oh: so i get up there and the offense was read as reckless driving. no mention of a race. the DA stated that she talked to the officer but then offered me court costs and defensive driving...no fine. i figured that i could probably beat the charge given the fact that she offered such a sweet deal. but i plead gulity. the officer never saw a race. i assume she just heard us. anyway, lesson learned. got off easier than i deserved. wont happen again! :nono: keep it at the track. :burnout:

davbrucas

Banned
i had no lawyer yet. it was just arraignment. i intended to plead not guilty and get a lawyer but the deal was too good to turn down. this is my first ticket in at least 7yrs. never been ticketed for racing in the past.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Got caught doin 105 in a 55, actually was doin 125 but the tropper ticketed me for 105. Anyway, I was looking at major problems with that ticket, $585.00 fine plus 8 points on my clean license. The insurance would have broke me due to the fact I have 6 vehicle under my name. Long story short, the tropper that issued me the ticket wrote in the wrong county so the judge threw it out of court. My lawyer made out though, he sent me a bill for $600.00 just to sit next to me in court.

I did the speed limit for months after that little incident. I have been in a few street runs since and keep saying I'll never speed like that agian on the street.

Is there an AA for people who like to street race?

primetime

Established Member
Mr. Mach-ete said:
Is there an AA for people who like to street race?

Yeah it's called the drag strip, road course, or auto-x! Just messin with ya. I got pulled over doing 135mph in a 60mph zone. They were about to arrest me until my buddy(detective from the city I was pulled over in) showed up and talked to the officer who pulled me over. He couldn't get me totally off so I got a 69mph in a 60mph, which was a waiverable offense. This was when I first got the blower on my car in 00 and I haven't been pulled over again yet. Been in about 50+ street race, so I guess I am lucky. The worst part is I was racing a Maxima when I got pulled over, yeah I know! later Ron

03cobra76

11 second club
Established Member
My reckless driving

I got a reckless driving for doing 90 in a 45 in Jan. 03. Had to get a mandatory lawyer for the charge for my first appearance in court.

1st court appearance, officer doesnt show...judge tells me to come back in a month and do it over again.

2nd court appearance, officer is again a no-show...court date postponed 2 months this time.

3rd court date has to be postponed due to lawyer being out of town. Date rescheduled 2 months later.

4th court date postponed because I have military training that prevents me from attending...next court date set 3 months later.

By now it has been over a year since the charge and in my state the statute of limitations runs out in 1 year on misdemeanors. I get out of it with just lawyer fees ($750), no court costs and no points on my record :rockon:

Still taught me a lesson though and thats all that matters, right?

primetime

Established Member
03cobra76 said:
I got a reckless driving for doing 90 in a 45 in Jan. 03. Had to get a mandatory lawyer for the charge for my first appearance in court.

1st court appearance, officer doesnt show...judge tells me to come back in a month and do it over again.

2nd court appearance, officer is again a no-show...court date postponed 2 months this time.

3rd court date has to be postponed due to lawyer being out of town. Date rescheduled 2 months later.

4th court date postponed because I have military training that prevents me from attending...next court date set 3 months later.

By now it has been over a year since the charge and in my state the statute of limitations runs out in 1 year on misdemeanors. I get out of it with just lawyer fees ($750), no court costs and no points on my record :rockon:

Still taught me a lesson though and thats all that matters, right?

FWIW your lawyer should have gotten the charge tossed after your first appearance if the officer didn't show. In Ohio, at least if the ticketing officer doesn't show for court the judge tosses the case. later Ron

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Buy a new Toyota. You'll be guaranteed never to get another ticket, especially for racing. And if you do, it won't be for 110 in a 55.

Users who are viewing this thread