Reckless ticket in VA...advise.

pestilence

Established Member
A few weeks back I got a reckless driving ticket in VA (orange) 85 in a 55. This is my first ticket ever. I am planning on going to court, but I have a few questions. First I live in MD and I heard that points don't transfer, is that true? Second I believe there is a slight possibility of doing some jail time (slight but still possible). My big concern with this is that I work for the Fed Govt and if I go to jail I loose my clearance, my job, my car, my life. Would explaing that to the judge help any? I am not sure how probation would effect any of that, but it might result in the same out come. Lastly is there anything I can do to help myself out?

Thanks

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You arent going to jail!! Calm down junior. You are getting a shitload of points. You can call and talk to the prosecutor and ask for reduced points and paying the fine and court costs, most of the time they will go for it for the easy out. Take a look at the ticket FAQ at the top of the donut shop.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Well he can elect to do jail time if he can't pay the fine...

I don't advise that though.

sbro712

Established Member
Pot Pies and fine "conversation" with your fellow "roomates", not to mention the fine clothing that the jail gives to a fella, why not?

He should go for it.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
It is called "Three Hots and a Cot"!!!

You know what, I agree go for the jail time. We actually have enough computer geeks in the Federal Govt!!:p

jshen

Established Member
Ditto

Originally posted by POINTCOVER
The points tranfer. Get a lawyer. No jail time...maybe community service..but I doubt it.

It's your job and your license you need to worry about....as you stand to loose both...Get a really good, really experienced LOCAL attorney [in that area of VA ] that specializes in that particular field...traffic/radar/DUI is a very technical field....and expect to pay plenty...but it will be worth it! Good luck...

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by pestalince
A few weeks back I got a reckless driving ticket in VA (orange) 85 in a 55. This is my first ticket ever. I am planning on going to court, but I have a few questions. First I live in MD and I heard that points don't transfer, is that true? Second I believe there is a slight possibility of doing some jail time (slight but still possible). My big concern with this is that I work for the Fed Govt and if I go to jail I loose my clearance, my job, my car, my life. Would explaing that to the judge help any? I am not sure how probation would effect any of that, but it might result in the same out come. Lastly is there anything I can do to help myself out?

Thanks

Okay I am from Virginia and have been through Orange several times. First of all why in the world were you in Orange county? You dating a sheep out there?:lol:

Now to answer your questions...................
The points will transfer to your MD license. You will also need to get yourself a lawyer to help you get a reduced charge. If this is your first moving voilation then you will likely get the charges reduced.;-) You will not incur any jailtime simply from the ticket unless you have a previous criminal record.

There is a lawyer in the Fredericksburg, VA area by the name of Ben Woodbridge. I highly suggest you track him down and hire him. He has benn noted as the best around. Good luck to you.

P.S. Dress in your Sunday best for court. Bums get no love.

Razor.:beer:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Re: Re: Reckless ticket in VA...advise.

Originally posted by akatherazor4
Okay I am from Virginia and have been through Orange several times. First of all why in the world were you in Orange county? You dating a sheep out there?:lol:
:lol: LOL

But Razor is right about dressing your best for court. Good luck w/ everything. I've been ticketed in VA (Fort Lee). They're not shy about handing 'em out, that's for sure.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Re: Re: Reckless ticket in VA...advise.

Originally posted by akatherazor4

LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread