Recommend a good work boot.

RookieBeotch

Post Whore!!
Established Member
I need a new pair of boots, post up what you've had success with. I'm looking for comfort, durability and style pretty much the basics. Let me know what you swear by.

Hrbdizzle

Freight Train
Established Member
Redwings. I will never buy another brand.

I work for the railroad, switching out box cars, I stand on ballast 10-12 hours a day sometimes. Through rain, snow, and blistering summer heat. They have lasted 2 years so far. Im about due for a new pair.

They are pricey, but they are for your feet. Protection and comfort, two things you cannot put a price tag on....

svtrookie

Established Member
I have the Timberland pro series steel toe work boots. . . I think they are pretty comfortable . ..My buddy has red wings and says they are great. .. So either brand will prob fit your need.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Timberlands for hot and dry days, rocky wellingtons for cold/wet days. Good combo of boots IMO.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
caterpillar.

i have these:

catsteeltoe.gif

they're called the alaska steel toe. they also have the ansi 75 rating, which is the highest available, IIRC. they're very comfortable and last forever.

Last edited:

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
against the grain here, got a pair of converse with a synthetic toe. they wear like tennis shoes and have the zipper on the side. very popular with the desert crowd but i have seen them in black as well. google converse desert boot, they run about $80, these will be my boot of choice ubtil they quit making them.

blueovalfan

Established Member
The docs are very nice, a guy I worked with has had them for three years and hasent had a problem. Right now Iam sporting the carhart boots and I like them WAY better than my timbs I had last year.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Danner boots. Depending on what kind of application you need, they have several different styles. I have a pair for work that I use that is Gore-Tex lined, so it is completely waterproof and it keeps my feet warm in the winter. They also have professional recrafters that you can send your boots back to when they get all worn out and they'll make them look brand new again.

svts4shawn

Banned
Redwings. I will never buy another brand.

I work for the railroad, switching out box cars, I stand on ballast 10-12 hours a day sometimes. Through rain, snow, and blistering summer heat. They have lasted 2 years so far. Im about due for a new pair.

They are pricey, but they are for your feet. Protection and comfort, two things you cannot put a price tag on....

+1 i work with high voltage and some heavy shit there well worth the money saved my toes a couple times

Users who are viewing this thread