Recommend Injectors to Well Cover 800hp to the Crank

Turbosnake281

Established Member
Hello, please recommend injectors to well cover 800hp to the crank. This is for a 1998 Cobra with return style fuel system. No e85 here.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You need to learn to give people a chance. Everyone has lives off the board so they're not always around to answer.

Personally I'd skip the 80's and run ID's. That's after having both 80's and ID's. The real question is what fuel is going to be used and what's the build that's supposed to make 800hp?

Turbosnake281

Established Member
You need to learn to give people a chance. Everyone has lives off the board so they're not always around to answer.

Personally I'd skip the 80's and run ID's. That's after having both 80's and ID's. The real question is what fuel is going to be used and what's the build that's supposed to make 800hp?

Its my turbocharged 1998 cobra with Aluminator short block 8.75:1 and b-heads, on a single t72 bb turbonetics.

I am going to run VP non-leaded octainium with 93 pump. I can go to non leaded race fuel but would prefer not to.

What cc ID's do you recommend?

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
RC Fuel Injection > Technical

You can learn a bit here. Use it to find your answer or see what is needed if you want to plan ahead for future upgrades.

As already mentioned, 80's will be sufficient for what you are looking for and are affordable.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Its my turbocharged 1998 cobra with Aluminator short block 8.75:1 and b-heads, on a single t72 bb turbonetics.

I am going to run VP non-leaded octainium with 93 pump. I can go to non leaded race fuel but would prefer not to.

What cc ID's do you recommend?
I have the 1050's and I'm happy with them. I'm at 700 on E85 with a little head room.

Turbosnake281

Established Member
Thank you all for the help! I will be replacing/upgrading the fuel tank and the entire fuel system. I am glad to have received this information on the injectors!

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I ran the Ford Motorsports deka 80lb on e85 to 750 rwhp, e85 uses maybe 35% more fuel and through lethal performance they were around $400 and change(can’t completely remember) IDs are great and that’s what I am moving to but going for maybe 900-1000 rwhp on e85 and a flex fuel setup/tune as well. You can buy bigger than 80lb but is unnecessary for your goals, you can still reach the 800hp mark using e85 or more on racegas.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Just to clarify myself.....

I don't think the 80's are bad. I used them on an old set up and once I got them tuned, they worked fine. However, there were still issues that were inherit to the injectors. Granted this was a few years ago s so things might have changed. With my current set up I went with the ID's because I heard good things and at the time planned on keeping my stock ECU. If I had known I was going stand alone I would have gone with the Bosch 210's instead. But the ID's were much easier to tune and behave a lot better than the 80's at low engine speeds. Especially on pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread