Recommendations for a 110000 mile Cobra

cobra9145

Hi,
New to the forums, looking at buying a 2003 Cobra with about 177000 kilometers (about 110000mi). The guy who is selling it had it stored in a garage in the winter. He has a few mods done to it, new clutch and flywheel, subframe connectors, CAI, catback and x-pipe exhaust system, a pulley change and a programmer. He's selling it for 9000 but since he's been trying to sell it for a while I figure I can haggle the price down a bit. Pictures look like the car is in decent shape. Wondering how reliable these cars are at this mileage, if those mods ruin the reliability, what will usually go wrong at this mileage, or if I should pass and look somewhere else. Thanks

masterjr33

Established Member
sounds great.. good common mods. I suggest buying it. flushing the fluids and taking to an open track day.
or getting the rear end bushings replaced at that mileage. then flogging it at the drag strip.

Bigggy

Established Member
Compression check + check-up by a good garage that you trust and you should be good to go. I bought mine well moded at 98k and now almost at 107 without any problem. Actually, I open-tracked the car for the first time yesterday and everything went well. These car are well built.

Does it have the brace on the diff cover? If not, a good cover or a brace is mandatory with these cars.

cobra9145

Thanks for all the quick responses, I figure i'll probably look into getting the car. Not going to use it on the track, nearest one is probably over 1000km away. Was just wondering about reliability and according to the forums these engines are usually good for 150k without major problems. In the town i live in I doubt ill put over 10k kilometers in the car this year so i'll probably get no hassle in the engine department. As long as I get a few years out of it i'll be a happy camper. Any more advice will be great like what to look for and things to do!

cobra9145

Quick update: Talked to the guy about buying the cobra. The x-pipe is a bbk, flowmaster catback, and cherry bomb mufflers. Tires are Nitro brand. The owner before him scratched the right back wheel arches and put a few small dents in it, but I figure if I can't get them out myself i'll send it to the shop. Can anyone tell me how much a repair like that should put me back?

masterjr33

Established Member
0.jpg
you want a body shop paint estimate for a "few scratches and dents"
no pics?

Woody6799

Established Member
If the price is right and the car is solid I would jump on it. Most minor paint imperfections can be covered partially with a good detail and you can fix them as money allows. Def have a mechanic check it out first though.

Users who are viewing this thread