Recommended pulley size/setup for stock Eaton?

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Like the topic says, I'm going to be swapping out the stock pulley for another size. I've been doing a lot of reading and am curious to what you guys would recommend? I read that idlers help decrease belt slip, so what would be a good combo with or without the idlers, it doesn't matter.

I've been looking at this combo from LFP. Click Here.

Suggestions?

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
This question gets asked every week and I'll say it again: 2.93 FTW. Less chance of fuel or MAF issues. I'll agree on the aux idler though.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
2.93 is the best overall from what I've read. You won't overspin the eaton, and you're really not going to get THAT much more power by going smaller.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
depends. Do you plan to port in the future. I have a 2.76 on a non ported eaton. Zero MAF or fuel pump issues here. When I get her ported here in the very near future, I am keeping the 2.76, adding a 2 pound lower and supporting mods

SNAKE CHARM

Alcohol Fueled Brutality
Established Member
I started with the 2.93, big difference then I switched to the 2.76 and noticed a bit more, I don't plan on porting or doing a lower just switching to a Whipple. All depends on what you want out of it.

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Without a port , I think the 2.93 with a aux idler is the better choice. As mentioned above with the 2.76 your close to maxing out MAF, plus it will heat the air much more without a port.

I just did a Billet flow 2.93 with idler and Dayco belt last Sunday and not only is the power increase great over stock pulley, the whistle that I got now sounds like a centrifugal and that alone was worth the money.

SoCalCobra

Intaker & 7.5" Pistons!
Established Member
Without a port , I think the 2.93 with a aux idler is the better choice. As mentioned above with the 2.76 your close to maxing out MAF, plus it will heat the air much more without a port.

I just did a Billet flow 2.93 with idler and Dayco belt last Sunday and not only is the power increase great over stock pulley, the whistle that I got now sounds like a centrifugal and that alone was worth the money.

What kind of tuner, if any did you use?

Also, looking on lethalperfomance's website, they have the Billetflow w/ hub and 1 pulley: here, and then just the pulley by itself here. If I have the stock pulley, would I have to purchase the pulley w/ the hub for it to fit, or is that more like a quick change hub to allow me to swap out pulleys faster?

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
agreed with most of th posters, get s 2.93 i have nasty slip with my 2.76 and idlers, i think im gonna try to find a 2.93 off a lightning to look stock and maybe throw a 4lber on or 6lber :D

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
What kind of tuner, if any did you use?

Also, looking on lethalperfomance's website, they have the Billetflow w/ hub and 1 pulley: here, and then just the pulley by itself here. If I have the stock pulley, would I have to purchase the pulley w/ the hub for it to fit, or is that more like a quick change hub to allow me to swap out pulleys faster?

Yeah you’ll need the pulley ring and hub, (although I would get the idler pulley also), and yes once you have the hub you can buy just the ring and do a quick swap.

I got a mail tune from RWTD , which I will get on a dyno just to double check it soon just to be on the safe side.

Users who are viewing this thread