Recruiting

GARDENSNAKE97

Established Member
Anyone have any experience recruiting? Specifically Navy? I'm up for orders soon and I want to try to get close to home due to family issues. Recruiting would really be the only option for me. I've heard the horror stories of late working days. But I already do those. On top of spending half the year being deployed or out to sea.

JPD5801

Established Member
Anyone have any experience recruiting? Specifically Navy? I'm up for orders soon and I want to try to get close to home due to family issues. Recruiting would really be the only option for me. I've heard the horror stories of late working days. But I already do those. On top of spending half the year being deployed or out to sea.

Pm Dusten. I am pretty sure he recruited for the Navy.

Last edited:

D'ZR1 Messiah

Established Member
I recruited for the Marines back in 99, and I would think if you are trying to get to a specific area, you'd need to speak to the CMC or the recruiting district you are trying to get to. I spoke to the SgtMaj of the recruiting district I was trying to get to before I went to Recruiters School. If he likes you enough or deem you a valuable asset, he would put in a "by name request" to get you to his or her district.

I know recruiting nowadays is easier than when I was on the street. This is due to the draw down the Armed Services are going though.

BRNG ITT

Established Member

I recruited from 2003-2005. I just commented on the USS Miami thread asking if you were SY or SF. Seeing this, I've answered my own question.

As far as Recruiting goes, it all depends on the area you are in when it comes to hours worked. All offices in a recruiting district are given a fair share of the market (# of possibly eligible people). However, I recruited in Podunk Polk county Florida, so my market share was spread over an area that took 2 1/2 hours just to drive from one end to the other. Now those who were in the Miami area, some offices literally had their entire market within a 2 mile radius. Needless to say, I wasted a lot of time driving to appointments over an hour away just to have people stand me up.

All-in-all, there are numerous factors to take into consideration. PM me your contact info if you would like, and we can discuss more specifics. I mentioned in the other thread that I am an EMC(SW) over at NRMD.

GARDENSNAKE97

Established Member
I recruited from 2003-2005. I just commented on the USS Miami thread asking if you were SY or SF. Seeing this, I've answered my own question.

As far as Recruiting goes, it all depends on the area you are in when it comes to hours worked. All offices in a recruiting district are given a fair share of the market (# of possibly eligible people). However, I recruited in Podunk Polk county Florida, so my market share was spread over an area that took 2 1/2 hours just to drive from one end to the other. Now those who were in the Miami area, some offices literally had their entire market within a 2 mile radius. Needless to say, I wasted a lot of time driving to appointments over an hour away just to have people stand me up.

All-in-all, there are numerous factors to take into consideration. PM me your contact info if you would like, and we can discuss more specifics. I mentioned in the other thread that I am an EMC(SW) over at NRMD.
I am trying to go to the Phoenix district, obviously I know that's not guaranteed and if that doesn't work out I'll try for Texas since that's where the GF is from. Not sure if I'm going to stay in or not after shore duty, but I'm sure recruiting looks good for my career if I do end up staying.

I'm a GSM2 (SW) on a DDG. Just ready to spend some time on land for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread