RED calipers up the butt!

Todd TCE

Established Member
Long story...but I have one set of reds now and two in the works for my 13" kit. By mistake as the local pc shop did not quite follow the plan...it's now 'damage control' as I try to figure out what to do with them.

Anybody wanting a RED 13" BBK can pick it up at a discounted price of $1650 including some fluid and a bleeder bottle. Save some coin and take some red calipers off my shelf!

Give me a ring and let's get it them off the shelf and on your truck!!

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
Can you post up some pics of the red calipers?? I have been thinking about your front kit, and this may push me over the edge!!!:rolling:
Thanks!!:rockon:

Todd TCE

Established Member
Not sure what I have for pictures on this one. Here's the link to the Lightning pics page:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/ToddTCE/Lightning/

Not much there...there are some reds on this one:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/ToddTCE/MINI/?action=view&current=MINIinRed.jpg

These will be TCE done powder coat as is the case on many kits, not Wilwood factory applied finish- they do not offer it on this particular caliper. I choose to do colors on the FSL and not the BSL4 as the FSL takes to powder better with its curves rather than sharp lines which can often be seen as dark streaks through the finish. Hard to get powder to stick to a sharp edge.

*And Christmas in May is fine.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
For the price is it just the calibers?

Do they just bolt up to the factory rotors?

Excuse my ignorance on this one:nonono:

Hollywoood

Protected by GLOCK...
Established Member
Todd,
Are the calipers all red, or is the willwood machined out in them?? Also, I will have to run spacers with my 01/02 wheels.... correct??

ecoastkid

Established Member
Ouch..I'd be pissed if someone put a caliper up my butt...lol

This is a great deal. I have the stage 2's on my truck and they are AWESOME!

Todd TCE

Established Member
Answers to some of the above:

The offering is for the complete kit, not just calipers. (although I'd be happy to sell you two calipers for $1600+!) See the whole listing here:
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/cgi-bin/brakes/cginews.pl?record=8

The red finish is on the FSL alternate caliper for reasons stated above. The Wilwood logo on these is now a brushed aluminum vinyl decal. Yes they hold up very well and honestly look a bit better than their own milled logo on the BSL4. Long story but on these this is the only option short of custom mill work at about $175ea to do the milled logo.

Yes this kit will fit the early wheel. You will however need the optional 1/8" wheel spacer despite the FSL being every so slightly narrower than the BSL4. (about .020") Also; the early wheel will require you use the later M14 lug nuts as the kit is produced only with M14 studs in the hubs.

Hope that answers the questions well enough. Here's a set of Orange FSLs I did not long ago on a MINI. Kinda grows on ya.
11-23-07brakes9.gif

Todd TCE

Established Member
Hey Todd can you guys accidently mess up on a black or blue set?

I guess it could happen...If I take a bunch of calipers into pc again. All properly marked to what color they are supposed to be. And let them mix 'em all up on me! And given the truck parts are differential bore you cannot just invert the crossover tube to make a R into a L one. Normally I'd not do the decals on this either but the mix up came along with some mill work screw up on one that to get it all balanced out again I have no choice but to pair them accordingly! What a mess. But hey; you get to save some coin.

Users who are viewing this thread