Red Light Therapy

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Third week into this. Total of an hour a day on my left foot as that is the worst of the nerve dysfunction in the entire leg. I can now feel the small toe and the toe next to it and hopefully the rest are on deck. Ankle still wants to roll over but less so than a week ago. Still can't stand for too long. I'm also zapping the **** out of it an hour a day with the TENS maxed out each time. Pushing the sled too.

Post-op therapy, walking/stretching/rest, did very little for me but serves a purpose nonetheless. I recognize that. The red light/TENS therapy was not something in the recommended regimen but has far outperformed the plan of attack I was given. Not complaining but rather trying to make the point for self advocacy. I'll see my surgeon for the fourth post-op office visit and will have plenty to share with the staff about how this has been working for me.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm at the two month mark and have tried hard to extend the amount of time I can stay on my feet. Problem is my left foot swells up. I elevate it, ice it, yada yada. I'm working on that issue. I'm also back to pushing the sled a couple of times a week and have seen gains in leg strength. I'm starting to gain some feeling in my toes but still nothing in my big toe.

Red light therapy has been an every day event throughout. One of the things I'm noticing now is quicker recovery after exercise. My ankle will still roll over at even the slightest bump in the grass while walking through it but it is getting better.

Anyway, I decided to spend some money on larger light panels as well as a motorized stand. I put the stand together a few weeks ago but had to wait for the lights to ship out once they were off backorder. They finally arrived today.

20240410_150707.jpg

The stand came with all the brackets and hardware to gang the panels together.

20240410_160628.jpg

Assembled, giant "panel" is heavy but the stand is rated for them and handles the weight well.

20240410_171011.jpg

Cord you see is temporary until I can clean up the routing with a tighter arrangement that allows for full vertical raise/drop. I was just eager to get everything powered up and running.

Setup works well and now I can hit the front and back in 40 minutes, 20 on each side. Relaxing AF.

If none of this works I'll probably pick up a pet chimpanzee, learn how to moon walk, and try some other proven therapy.

15380304-7192525-Jackson_swore_by_the_machine_saying_he_took_several_long_naps_in-a-82_1561742...jpg

Morgan

Established Member
I was thinking about this thread yesterday for @MassCobra. There are ppl using RLT on their abdomen to improve insulin sensitivity and reverse Type 2 diabetes.

Users who are viewing this thread