Redfire Cobra v Oxford White Mach

imjustone

Future Army 68W
Established Member
I live in a small town, so everybody knows everybody. I'm a Shift manager at a fast food restaurant in town, and there's a guy who has a Redfire Conv., and we always talk about our cars when he eats breakfast.

Well this afternoon I was just driving along and I ended up behind him at a red light. He took off and I was expecting him to flat out leave me. I pulled up on his bumper and got up beside him. We both had to stop for the next red light and were laughing our arses off because we had just done somewhere around 80 mph... Red light turns green, and we pull off, I pointed forward, spun 1st and caught 2nd, and was at his door in 3rd... I think he was sandbagging me... Oh well, it was still fun. Just a little friendly competition between two powerhouse mustangs.

As for the Cobra, I know he's got Magnaflow exhaust on it, what else I'm not sure

Last edited:

ademily87

Established Member
Nice runs. I had a cammed full exhaust mach 1 till it got flooded during a storm. Man I miss that car. Only had 40k miles on it. :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

imjustone

Future Army 68W
Established Member
So after talking with the guy who drives it, suspicions were correct. He has a JLT CAI, and Magnaflow exhaust. He said once I got around him he couldn't catch me, and I shut down after 3rd gear was around 5100... Figure out how fast that was with 4.10 gears. Lol. My wallet hurts thinking about the gas.

Mach Boy

Established Member
So after talking with the guy who drives it, suspicions were correct. He has a JLT CAI, and Magnaflow exhaust. He said once I got around him he couldn't catch me, and I shut down after 3rd gear was around 5100... Figure out how fast that was with 4.10 gears. Lol. My wallet hurts thinking about the gas.

Probably around 70-75. Just a guess.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member

LOL..screw the gas...the rush of pulling on someone is well worth it. Good job, man!

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
i see in your sig the irs. funny how mach 1 guys love and appreciate the irs and lots of 03/04 guys ditch it for an sra. anyways. good runs. similiar to when my friend had a stock 04 cpe with nothing but a cone filter, and i had an 01 cobra with 4.30 gears and the usual bolt ons.

Users who are viewing this thread