*Redoing fuel lines* advise needed

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
So I've had numerous issues with stumbling, rough idle, fuel leaks, etc. Back in August, I sprung a huge fuel leak and it was coming out from the undercarriage near passenger side engine bay-firewall location. Replacing old fuel stainless steel braided fuel lines with new ones, plus getting the injectors cleaned and tested as well.

Found a few issue along the way and need some advise. Now, I don't have any an wrenches to remove fittings. What wrenches do you suggest to purchase or is there an alternative to taking them off without damaging them?

Below fuel leak. Looked a lot worst in person!
Z1EUqjy.jpg

Below, line from Plenum to inner fender well circled in red was brittle and falling apart. Does it need to be replace? I do have a crimp section that I circle in green on that evap system. Now the hose I colored purple leading to hard line that leads to line near front of tank and also colored purple, is torn and was never connected. Maybe a source of fuel smell in the garage as well. Does this purple colored line need to be replace or can I cap or seal off the ends?
0ReG5Sp.jpg

VIJ34dG.jpg

qnXSgcq.jpg

I would like to delete the EGR stuff as well, but looking around for a block off plate and cap. I did notice inside of my inlet tube was coated with this gunk. Lots of little things I need to do to get the cobra back to where I want. Just before the leak, I replace couple O2 sensors, FRPS, changed out spark plugs, clean MAF and IAC. I do need to change out my Wideband Commander sensor as well.
ecmDdes.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have AN wrenches I use when dealing with AN fittings. But regular wrenches work just fine as well.

The hose that's crumbling is probably the hose that used for the smoke test. If it's crumbling I would replace it. Really if any of the EVAP lines look bad I'd replace them. The gunk in your intake tube wouldn't be from the EGR. The EGR is introduced later in the intake track.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
Found this. I'll buy some line to replace the green fitting line from EVAP system to plenum. The one near the fuel tank that I circle with white fitting, I might see if I can repair it.

03-cobr-EVAP-SYSTEM-DIAGRAM.jpg

olympic

Established Member

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
I have Summit Racing brand AN wrenches.

If that's not in the budget, you can wrap the fittings with painters tape and use and adjustable wrench if a regular wrench won't fit. Also remember to only use PTFE lined AN hose for fuel. The regular hose will "sweat" fuel smelling up your car and garage and the rubber will degrade after a few years.
I agree with the PTFE suggestion. Just know that you'll need to buy new fittings, as they are different.

NotoriousGT350

Lubbock Terminator
Established Member
I have some Pro-Flo Extreme braided hose to replace the stainless steel braided hose using the existing fittings.

Users who are viewing this thread