Reeled in a Saleen

Tim Bindon

Established Member
After work today my buddy and I go looking for a new car for him. We saw a Saleen at a dealership and stopped in. As we were admiring it the owner came out and hopped in. I looked at my bud and we jumped in the truck and ran after it. It was a 94-95 and sounded kinda mean. We didn't get the chance to run off the line, but we rolled on from about 20 and he had nothing! Then we got to the highway and waited for a clearing. He went and I jumped right up on him. I didn't hear a blower howl from his car, but was still surprised at how easily I put him down. Were the 94-95 Saleen's quick at all?

I didn't mean to beat up on my fellow Ford brethren, but he gave me the thumbs up so it was all good.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
The 302 versions only had around 240 HP. They were pretty slow for a Saleen. The 351-R's were really fast though. Those had the Bi-Plane Wing on the back.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Mikie2001GT
Steve , your smilies need to get a room :D
LMAO!

Good kill (but no surprise against a N/A Saleen of ANY year...). I'd love to see this "one of a kind" blue L, since we all know that blue is the best SVT color :D.

Tim Bindon

Established Member
Originally posted by foreverford
I thought I heard Tim Bindon say the 99 was a motorcycle.?.?.:-? Am I right Tim?????????????????

Yeah, the Blue Lightning is a motorcycle... It's a H-D Buell X1 Lightning. It's a great "American" sportbike, however I can't honestly say it whoops on "it's" Japanese competition like the truck does.

This is a cool site... SVT's rock!

Users who are viewing this thread