Regrets

392Bird

Banned
We all have done things, that we latter regreted. I bought the below 67 GT new in late 67, when I returned from Nam. I kept it till late 73, when I was in Germany, and received a offer I could not refuse. I have kicked myself many times since. I found these pictures las week, and decided to put them on the web.

my67gt.jpg

A few other pictures are here:
http://www.qsl.net/wd4ngb/67gt.htm

I sure wish I still had it.....

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
thank you for your post! the last few months (since i bought my 03 cobra) i've been thinking about selling my 96 mystic cobra, #99 out of 1999. all my friends and family laugh at me for having it sitting under cover in my garage. i get it out about 5 times a year and drive it 10 or 15 miles. it's been that way since 2001 when i paid it off. but i do remember hearing stories from older guys when i was a young punk driving my rusty 66 stang about how they wished they had kept this car or that car from their younger years. but, it's getting hard to hang onto it when the 03 has so much more power and is worth so much more. i'm guessing that the 96 may be worth 10 to 14,000 on a very optimystic guess. (optimystic...get it? ok, anyway) but at the same time i don't want to wake up some day in 20 years when i'm 53 and have to put up a post like you did. .... i just wonder if a 96 mystic cobra will be the same as your car above is when it hits the year 2033. i'm torn between selling it and enjoying the $10,000 or so ........or just keeping it and seeing what it's value and "cool factor" is 20 years down the road.

WOLFGANGSTA

Banned
anyone else out there regretting selling an old car you used to have? anyone like me that has a car they are thinking about selling but also want to keep it???

Blown306

Established Member
Hey 392Bird, welcome to the forums...glad you made it over here, we could use some more posters in the T-Bird area!

And now back to the thread...there is really only one car I had that I wish I kept, a 1971 Barricuda with a slant 6, 3 speed manual and no power anything....the PERFECT muscle car foundation. Unfortunately, it rusted faster than I could repair it. You could stand there and just watch it rust!

Then I became a Ford guy and basically kept every one I've ever bought (except for a 1974 Cougar with a 400 wheezer):

1964 T-Bird Hardtop
1966 T-Bird Town Landau with the 428
1993 T-Bird LX
1997 Lincoln Mark 8
1999 F-250 Super Duty Lariat

Wolfgangsta- Keep it! A good friend of mine down the street has one and basically keeps it Zaino'd and in the garage, and also has gone through the same thing as you (except he's got an 02 vert and considers selling the Mystic for an '03). So many nice cars, so few parking spots ;-) The '96 Mystics are SWEET!

Last edited:

montanagrog

Established Member
Anyone that has been into cars for a while will have regets. Mine was selling my '69 Mach 1. 428scj, 4 speed top loader, 3.91 drag pac, shaker. It couldn't be avoided at the time, but still miss that car.

392bird, I have a friend that has a 67 GT 289 hi-po, 4 speed car that he has had since high school. Green with white stripes. I'm talking up a streak to get it, but he still won't sell it to me. Says, "maybe later on" !

wolfgangsta, hang on to that MYSTIC! Unless you need the cash it is a car to hold.

Users who are viewing this thread