Reicard 2.75 and Billetflow idlers (new)

finally

Established Member
Just got the modified idlers from Billetflow installed along with the 2.75 non-slip pulley. Thought someone might like some pics. Thanks to Rick and Linn for the chip work. I'll probably re-dyno next week. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet as we are in a fhunderstorm warning right now. Thanks to Ken at Billetflow for the quick turnaround on the idlers.

SolidSnake

Unleashing Hell
Established Member
Man that engine is absolutely beautiful, man. Really nice work, and the Reichard pulley looks great too by the way, although I am unsure about an aluminum pulley...have heard mixed reviews about them.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by SolidSnake
.......although I am unsure about an aluminum pulley...have heard mixed reviews about them.

nothing wrong with it as long as you don't intend on ever removing it (and using it again)... :rollseyes

FlashSVT

Established Member
While not the RR specifically, I have removed several aluminum pulleys on '03 Cobras and Gen2 Lightnings. The PulleyBoys 3-Bolt Puller works flawlessly. Use a little Anti-Seize on the blower snout shaft and you'll be fine.

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Sssnake
Pulley Boys Puller is 1st class :beer:

Amen to that......

But why would an aluminum pulley be so hard to get out? I mean it went on like butter... Shouldn't it come off like butter too? Never had to remove mine so I don't know yet.

Fang

Established Member
How did you do that to your blankey? Is that an after market one? Have you seen significant increases in hp?:beer:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
That looks real nice!!! Let me know how that upper blower pulley works. The blower pulley looks alot larger than the 2.80 SFPHQ one I have. Must be the natural aluminum that does that. Again..just awesome!!!

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
2003 Cobra DSG(20 lbs of boost and Nitrous)

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That pulley is pressed on, there is going to be alot of force exerted on that pulley when removing it... I have never removed an aluminum pulley(plenty of steel pulleys), so I can not testify as to whether or not it will break. There have been several threads on this matter, some have broken/and or warped their pulleys during removal.

Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Amen to that......

But why would an aluminum pulley be so hard to get out? I mean it went on like butter... Shouldn't it come off like butter too? Never had to remove mine so I don't know yet.

finally

Established Member
Don't plan on removing the pulley unless it ever has to go back to the dealer, then only maybe. Haven't even driven it yet, still raining down here in Florida. I used black engine paint on the blanket and red plasti-kote on the letters. I'll post some dyno numbers when I get back to the Dynojet.

wuplash

Established Member
nice setup you have.which belt are you using and what is the belt size.

Users who are viewing this thread