release date for new mustang

eleanorsvtcobra

Established Member
hey guys just wondering when the new mustangs are supposed to come out i thought they were goinna be out by mid september and now all they say on the website is sometime in fall. i got a few friends who want to buy the car and everytime we check to see if the car has come out it seems as if they pushed the release date back or something so if anyone has any info on when its supposed to be released to the public that would be great. thanks.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
There are lots in the parking lot...they are just waiting for the go ahead to ship. Ive got my dad on the inside so when i find out, you guys will :)

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Only the V6's are shipping on October 15th. The GT's are being held up until January 2005 due to a hed problem. I just got back from the dealer I have my GT ordered through.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
Only the V6's are shipping on October 15th. The GT's are being held up until January 2005 due to a hed problem. I just got back from the dealer I have my GT ordered through.

That's kinda strange that the debut of the new Ford Mustang will only be a V6?

Just imagine all the anticipation of the all new design and it's only available in a V6. I heard some rumors about cylinder head problems on the V8's as well. I would think the dealers and the marketing people would be jumping up and down :cuss:

Are you sure about this?

tvguy

DAMN that's a long delay. I think someone else asked this, but with that delay, does that mean only V6's on the road till Jan 2005? I know they have a lot of "pre-orders", bout 25,000 or so, but what a terrible sales time for a new car to start hitting the dealers. Ford blew the bunny on this one I think.
pacotaco

mr-mstng

Established Member
Bogus info from your dealer. Ford is waiting until the production line is up to full speed before they give the OK to ship.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by mr-mstng
Bogus info from your dealer. Ford is waiting until the production line is up to full speed before they give the OK to ship.

I just confirmed it again this morning...GT's will not be out until January 2005. Only V6's will be out starting October 15.

So teh information is NOT bogus.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraKindaGuy...ask your dealer buddy to show you the memo delaying delivery. The cars are in the parking lot! There are photos somewhere on this site showing them...and they're not V-6's. I'm just having a difficult time believing Ford would not ship these vehicles if they are produced and have the dealers fix them. The factory doesn't have the resources for that. I've heard all these rumors on the sites and BON but not one single person can produce a single piece of documentation proving any of it it true. Make them show you the money!! so to speak...

Oh yes...when you ask him about the memo...ask him about the pick ups and Expedtions, etc. When are they being delivered? Are they on hold too? After all, it's all the same head design...

Guys...I have a feeling someone is blowing smoke at us...

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
its all secondhand info, but my dealer says gt and v6 mid oct, verts in jan or so. i guess we'll see

a64armt

Established Member
I can see Ford shipping/selling V6 models first, and a few months later the V8 models. The marketing people probably believe it will increase the number of total sales.

Vincent

OH3GT

Shut Up And Lift
Established Member
Will the gt model be out by Jan/Feb 2005?? Because thats when I want to purchase a 03/04 cobra!!

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by FireRed04Vert
CobraKindaGuy...ask your dealer buddy to show you the memo delaying delivery. The cars are in the parking lot! There are photos somewhere on this site showing them...and they're not V-6's. I'm just having a difficult time believing Ford would not ship these vehicles if they are produced and have the dealers fix them. The factory doesn't have the resources for that. I've heard all these rumors on the sites and BON but not one single person can produce a single piece of documentation proving any of it it true. Make them show you the money!! so to speak...

Oh yes...when you ask him about the memo...ask him about the pick ups and Expedtions, etc. When are they being delivered? Are they on hold too? After all, it's all the same head design...

Guys...I have a feeling someone is blowing smoke at us...

FireRed04VErt.....the lot they are on is the holding area when the title's have not yet been transferred over to the dealers. There have been times in Ford's past where they have brought those cars sitting there back into the factory to fix a problem. So the cars being in the holding lot until all the compliance issues have been met doesn't mean jack-shit in terms of being a completed car that cannot yet be reworked on.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
OK the latest.....Ford told the dealer this afternoon that the GT coupes V8's and the V6 coupes will ship late October but the verts will be held until January.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
OK the latest.....Ford told the dealer this afternoon that the GT coupes V8's and the V6 coupes will ship late October but the verts will be held until January.

AAI recieved "OK to Ship" on Friday. You should be seeing ALL mustangs EXCEPT the verts. The Verts will not be out until early spring....not January.

CGoeschel

Established Member
I concur with BDC......I checked with my regional rep this morning and got a confirmation letter via email.....ALL'05 MUSTANGS will begin shipping on this Friday the 8th. End of story and the bad press thats been spreading around this site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread