Relocating to Kalispell, MT area

GarageLogic

Established Member
With a planned move to Whitefish, MT in the late spring/early summer, I wanted to get some information from the locals on what the local motorsports scene is like and what I events/gatherings I should look to participate in.

This will be the first time in decades that I have lived in an area where one could not drive their performance car or truck year around, so I anticipate that the cruising season is short but hopefully there is a lot packed into those few months.

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to meeting those of you who are in the area already.

MG0h3

Established Member
My did lives right in between Whitefish and Kalispell.

WF is all hippies and tourists.

I’ve never seen any performance cars or hot rods running around.

barstowpo

Established Member
I live in Helena about 3.5 hours south. There is very little car scene compared to SOCal where I moved from. I have been going back to CA a couple times a year for track events. Great Falls, about 1.5 hours south of Kalispell has an active SCCA chapter. They run autocross in parking lots and rallycross on a farm. I'm thinking it may be easier to travel to the Ridge, WA for Lemons events and track days.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother in law is involved in the drags out in Malta Mt. It's a ways to drive, but they've got some decent vehicles running out there.

**** Inslee, NO MORE MASKS!

Users who are viewing this thread