Remembrance Day

Cos

Established Member
Since tomorrow (November 11th) is Remembrance day in Canada. I wanted to throw out my thanks to everyone who serves, not just in the CF (Canadian Forces) but all those who have and had sacrificing for your own country as well.

Family Members:

- My Grand Father was a Royal Engineer (welding) in WWII and did two tours. One in France and one in Holland (I think, that doesnt sound right but....). I have some medals. My aunt has the originals and a lot more I could never find replica's of. The ol' bastard is still 89 and kicking. I hope I make it that long!

- My Grandfather (above) his older brother flew Spitfires. Crashed and was trapped inside. He lived his whole life with major burn scars but one of the nicest men I have ever met. RIP.

- My Grandfathers older brothers died in WW1 (another grandfather). Not sure where or how. Probably dont want to kow.

- A few great uncles and great grandparents on my mom's grandmothers side were in the German forces in WWII. No one on that side talks about it so I dont know anything.

- Wifes grandfather was a Panzer captain in Africa.

- My Cousin, who is now CPS, was in the Royal Airforce and did his duty. I believe he went to the Falklands and I know he was a jumper (I always laugh because he is afraid of heights).

- My cousin-in-law is a CF Engineering instructor in Gagetown, New Brunswick. He currently is the head instructor on most explosives and demolition.

Thank you for your service. Share your stories about your family that have served.

Just a video I found that made me want to share:

[youtube_browser]yg05TyR9CAo[/youtube_browser]

Canadian AF video by the same guy. Pretty cool.

[youtube_browser]bJWW5B3rTGg[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread