Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD Tips

Sirraf

Established Member
So, just purchased this on sale the other day for $550 in 308. What I have purchased so far:

SWFA SS 10X42 Scope
SWFA 30mm Medium Rings
Millet base
Harris Bi-Pod 9''-13''

Anyone have any tips going forward? I am not a complete noob to long range shooting (prior military), but I do not have alot of practice. Any help with the build or tactics appreciated!

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
There are a lot of YouTube videos.
Hand load if possible or buy several types of ammo and figure out which the guns likes best.
Get a good spotting scope
Practice a lot.

There are some starters. Good luck!

031tonHO

Established Member
How far are you wanting to reach out to? You've got a pretty good start, but if you want to hit targets consistently further than 600 yards, you might wanna think about a timney trigger and a bartlein barrel

Like MDShelby said, think about reloading and practice, practice, practice

LencoCS1

Established Member
trigger job trigger job! many videos on how to do on youtube. 1lb trigger job is best without compromising safety and reliability.

Sirraf

Established Member
trigger job trigger job! many videos on how to do on youtube. 1lb trigger job is best without compromising safety and reliability.

I haven't researched what trigger would be good in my application. I am aware of the good manufacturers like Timney.

Sirraf

Established Member
How far are you wanting to reach out to? You've got a pretty good start, but if you want to hit targets consistently further than 600 yards, you might wanna think about a timney trigger and a bartlein barrel

Like MDShelby said, think about reloading and practice, practice, practice

I would be pretty happy being able to shoot good groups at 100, and be pretty solid a few hundred yards out. Eventually able to hit some steel at 1000.

LencoCS1

Established Member
no need to buy new trigger group, there is a simple set screw you turn slowly to adjust sear release...Its free but you must make small adjustments at a time to be safe. I was able to adjust trigger break to 10oz and with the safety off I can slam the bolt shut and bounce the butt of the stock on concrete without having an accidental discharge. A light trigger will dramatically reduce your grouping

Thump_rrr

Established Member
So, just purchased this on sale the other day for $550 in 308. What I have purchased so far:

SWFA SS 10X42 Scope
SWFA 30mm Medium Rings
Millet base
Harris Bi-Pod 9''-13''

Anyone have any tips going forward? I am not a complete noob to long range shooting (prior military), but I do not have alot of practice. Any help with the build or tactics appreciated!
Adjust the rifle scope position for the type of shooting you will be doing.
If you will be shooting off a bench adjust the position of the scope while sitting at a bench.
If you will be shooting prone adjust the scope while in the prone position.

Position yourself behind the rifle with your eyes closed.
Open your eyes, you should be in perfect alignment centered in your scope.
If you don't have an adjustable cheek rest you may use foam and duct tape to elevate the cheek to center your eye.
The goal is to be in a natural repeatable position every time you get behind the gun.
The weight of your head should be resting on the gun.
You should be able to maintain proper sight picture indefinitely.

nxhappy

Established Member
the remi700 is dead nuts accurate. once you sight it in, 400 yards will be a breeze !

Users who are viewing this thread