Remote oil filter setups

Rusty67

Established Member
I'm looking into getting a remote oil filter setup. I've looked at several and the Maximum Motorsports setup seems to me to be the nicest one out there. What do you guys think ?

Who is running what and how do you like it ?

slick4_6

Established Member
I've looked into them before and I liked the Maximum Motorsports setup the best but I have no firsthand experience with it. Most of their stuff is top notch.

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
I pieced mine together. I have the FRPP remote mount and use a Motorcraft FL1993 filter. The adapter is a Canton 90' unit because of my K-member design and I use -12 hose. My system now hold a total of ten quarts...

SVECobraR

Established Member
Ya i have the MM one also, but if you spend an extra hour you can piece it together yourself for about half the cost.

Rusty67

Established Member
I was thinking of buying this for the filter mount:
Remote Filter Mount, Anodized Billet Aluminum, Straight Port [MMOC-5] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

And something like this for the block:
www.cantonracingproducts.com

But it seems that 22-595 only fits 302/351w style blocks ? I though the filters were the same between the 4.6 and the 302, the only difference being the 4.6L filters were shorter ? Shouldn't a screw on filter adaptor for a 5.0 work just fine on a 4.6 ?

Users who are viewing this thread