Remote Starters

J15BIG

Established Member
I have had an extremely bad experience with remote starters that I though I should share. About a month ago I had an audiovox remote satarter/alarm installed. In order to get a tach reading they had to tap into a positive ignition wire on one of the coil packs. It was working like a charm for about a month and a half when one day I started the car and it was making a unusual noise and was shaking more than usual. After going around the town asking different friends and one ford tech what was wrong. I finally figured out that somehow the wires shorted and I was only running on a few cylinders. So friday I am going to the dealer to get it fixed, its goin to take the whole fricken day to fix.

anyone else have any bad or good experiences with remote starters????

joe santana

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I've never have liked remote starters. (no flame intended as I'm sure they do have their place and value) I've always felt that there was a lot of value in sitting in the seat and checking the gauges and listening for any odd sounds when I start a vehicle.

But I do have a question, I would assume that in order to use remote start they have to somehow bypass the built in chip-key security or at least program it in somehow?

RYDMIKE'SBLACK01

Established Member
J15BIG,

I am in the city a lot on the weekends. I like the clubs. Anywho,
there is a cruise out my way on the 1st. A bunch of mustang guys are going. Let me know if you are interested. I will go just to meet some of the guys, but i have prior engagements to attend. :mj:

J15BIG

Established Member
By Pass For Remote Start

In order to by pass the "chip" i had to buy a little grey box that u put the top part of your key into, the part with the chip, and the little box read the chip and sent the signal to a wire that was wrapped around the ignition. The key has been shaven on the threads so if someone breaks in and finds it, unlikely they will but they mights, it wolnt work to start the car.

And to mike, what are you guys goin to do on saturday? If it somethin fun I might be able to get over there

u can email me if u want
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread