removing aftermarket tune help needed

01yellercobra

Established Member
No. If you don't have the hand held that is holding the stock tune you'll have to get reflashed by a dealer. Or get the tuner and have a stock type tune written for your car.

98BlownSVT

Established Member
Or get the tuner and have a stock type tune written for your car.

i called the bama tuning rep from AM and they said something similar to what you are if i am understanding right. the rep said that basically when i load up the tuner it will remeber the supercharger tune as the "stock" tune. but can write over the SC tune to a closer to factory tune to accomodate the CAI and off road x.

am i understanding this right? i just dont wanna spend 370 on something i cant return

JEP

Established Member
i called the bama tuning rep from AM and they said something similar to what you are if i am understanding right. the rep said that basically when i load up the tuner it will remeber the supercharger tune as the "stock" tune. but can write over the SC tune to a closer to factory tune to accomodate the CAI and off road x.

am i understanding this right? i just dont wanna spend 370 on something i cant return

Go to the dealer and have it re-flashed.. This is the only way it'll happen.. That tuner from bama won't have your stock cal file.

But the other problem is, why back to stock? with out the tune you are taking a great risk running that car.. All kinds of bad stuff can happen..

01yellercobra

Established Member

Yes you are. But you won't have a true stock tune to use if that's ever your goal.

Users who are viewing this thread