Removing Front Sway Bar

13 GT/CS

Established Member
Installing a full cage in my car, and about to get serious about racing it, but it will still be driven on the street for the small road trip in between events and things like that. I haven't driven a car without a front sway bar and was wondering if its still ok to be driven on the street without it being too sketchy. I know ill lose some cornering so is it worth it? Any replies with pros and cons or input is appreciated!
-Thanks!

The Beast 2014

Established Member
My mechanic and tuner said you won't even know it's not on. Plus it's pretty easy to put on and pull off if you really need it.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Perfectly fine to drive without it. I doubt you'll even be able to tell

SGcoyote

Established Member
Haven't be able to tell it was off at all, Take it off and If you miss it put it back on. No issues here.

BMR Tech 2

You can take the front sway bar off, but just be careful the first time you drive the car. It will take some getting used to. I generally don't like to remove sway bars on street cars, but people do it all the time. There is definitely a big change when removing the front bar, but you will adapt quickly.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You can take the front sway bar off, but just be careful the first time you drive the car. It will take some getting used to. I generally don't like to remove sway bars on street cars, but people do it all the time. There is definitely a big change when removing the front bar, but you will adapt quickly.

This.

It will just take getting used to. During regular driving, it's not much of a big deal and you probably won't notice any difference. If you need to stand on the brakes or make an emergency maneuver, that's when you'll know you do not have a sway bar.

rustang1

Established Member
You can't drive it like a stock setup but it's no big deal. You basically just have to slow down a little.
Fox bodies don't handle near as well as my 2011 but I drove them with so sway bar, big-n-littles, and drag suspension with no problems.

You young bucks would scream if you had to drive a mid 70's GM or Mopar lol.

Users who are viewing this thread