removing isos

web305

Established Member
i need some opinions or insight on lowering the front a little more because its now quite as low as i want it. i want to take out the isos out tomorrow but im not sure if i should remove the bottoms or both the tops and bottoms and i how will the ride quality change? btw i have steeda sport springs

Heres some pics of how the front sits now.

645364356.gif

456456.gif

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Others have said it may be a little noisy so what they do is wrap the crap out of them with electrical tape. This may keep it quieter for a short period of time, but I'd think the spring would wear through the tape. You could always remove just one on them.

black_on_black

Got Boost?
Established Member
DONT TAKE OUT BOTH OF THEM!!!!! I did it and ended up eating out my fender plastic. Maybe do just the top. I didn't notice a RIDE diffrence, but they are a little squeeky.....

toooooooo low

DSC00380.jpg

pavich91

Established Member
Thats pretty low indeed. I want mine a bit lower too, think I am just going to cut a bit of spring. I heard good things doin it that way. The iso's seem to create problems or annoying sounds.

web305

Established Member
i might just end up getting new spring. its weird tho, both the front and back diver side are about a 1/4-1/2 higher than the front and back passenger side....is that normal in some cases? it bothers the hell out of me even tho it isnt very noticable.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
i might just end up getting new spring. its weird tho, both the front and back diver side are about a 1/4-1/2 higher than the front and back passenger side....is that normal in some cases? it bothers the hell out of me even tho it isnt very noticable.
my car-ito is the same, so i dont allow passengers, my weight should even it out w/no passenger. also x2 ball joints can be used to lower the front a 1/2inch,

saleenssc1989

Established Member
I recently did some spring/iso modifications. I currently am running some H&R race springs and in the pictures before you will notice that its sitting pretty high.

Before:
pb100013.jpg

pb100014.jpg

After:
p1040035.jpg

p1040034.jpg

I ended up cutting the front springs (about 1/4 coil) off the top and taking out the top ISO.
On the rear, i cut 3/4 off the top of the coil and DID leave in BOTH ISO's. I ensured the pigtails were both facing the correct and same way before fully reinstalling the springs.

I did notice about 1/4-1/2" lower in front after mod. In the rear i noticed about 1/2". I am sure that they will all settle just a bit more here in the spring when i break it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread