removing lower blower pulley

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
i checked Nelsons thread, I got the JDM lower setup. But the JDM center pieace doesn't want to come out from the stock crank pulley. I used a pipe wrench with a fence pole, bent that. I wanna know whats those 3 bolts on the stock crank pulley is for? If i take those out will the center come out with the factory pieace, My truck is a 2000 if that helps. Is the stock crank pulley a 2 pieace?

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
The three bolts for the "cage" around the stock lower pulley need to come off and the entire assembly comes off together.

Breakin10s

Rookie SVT Poster
Established Member
I already took the cage off. there are 3 bolts on the stock crank pulley itself. I took the cage off but the center pieace of the JDM cage is still threaded on the stock crank pulley. Can't take it out. I'm hoping a stock crank pulley is a 2 pieace cause i can see 3 bolts on the crank pulley.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
you need to mount the pulley hub to the balancer. then the ring to the hub. the stock pulley comes off when you use a large hex socket, but you need to lock up the converter by pulling off the trans inspection plate. do you have the complete instructions? all you need to do (from memory) is loosen the large hex nut. remember its reverse threaded so its not lefty loosy righty tighty.. its reverse. also, some members use a breaker bar and jack the front of the truck up just enough so you can lower it down and use the force of the truck to break it loose.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
oh, and when installing the new hub, make sure you use the correct 3 bolts. they may look just like the ones for the ring to mount to the hub but they probably arent. they werent with my lfp kit and i stripped two out and had to retap, and all that bullshit.

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
That center piece on the Harmonic Balancer that allows the factory lower pulley to screw on is lightly pressed in. I took mine out to put my 4# lower on. I managed to break mine. I just gave it a little tap and a big twist and it comes out. It hangs on to the crank pulley by being pressed on through the center part.

Users who are viewing this thread