Removing Powder Coated Intake to mirror polish?

02SVTV6

Established Member
I have my Sullivan Upper and Lower powder Coated black but being that it doesn't really get appreciated for being a 5.4 I'm thinking of stripping it down and trying a mirror polish since I rather not do chrome. Assuming I probably need a machine for the polishing...because I'm sure by hand will be very time consuming...any input.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Have fun stripping that powdercoat off!

Aircraft remover will have 0 issues taking off powder coat very fast. It's the polishing part that's my concern since the metal isn't all that smooth. So I'm thinking its needing a machine job to get what I want out of it.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Yea even a dremel would take some time but allow you to be really precise. I thought powdercoat could only be removed with heavy amounts of media blasting.

02SVTV6

Established Member
Yea even a dremel would take some time but allow you to be really precise. I thought powdercoat could only be removed with heavy amounts of media blasting.

No. I've used aircraft remover before. It's Serious shit plain and simple to Sum it up. Now that I think about I will just go with my original plan of doing a high heat/polished ceramic coat. This way I can have the look but be functional at the same time and just do my turbos as well. Less work for me but more money to spend. I should just sell it for a GT500 lol...

Users who are viewing this thread