Removing SFPHQ Hub with MOTOBLUE pulley puller, can i leave the pulley to remove hub?

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
just as the title says, i've already done it once so i don't see what the big deal is. please experts school me =)

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Not worth taking the chance of bending the pulley IMHO. It's just 4 screws, take the pulley off and do it the right way...

03DOHC

Established Member
I can't comment on using a motoblue puller but I wouldn't try try to remove a pulley w/a hub as one unit. I'd take the ring off first.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
I bet that he doesnt have the right backing plate for the pulley......like other say, 10k lbs on that aluminum might bend it, and you might not see it either, but it could throw your belts at such high rotations

rick

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
well i removed it with the pulley ring on... it looks flat, when i sat the pulley on a table and spinned it their was no wobble action goin on. i spun the pulley ring on both sides to make sure both were flat. i did this for like 5-10 minutes and it seemed good to go, but i think if i have to do this again i will be getting the hub remover tool that SHOULD already come with a pulley puller kit....

Users who are viewing this thread