Removing Stock Battery

AMP GT500

Established Member
My battery is dead... I was out of town for the month of Jan. I had the battery on a tender, but while I was out of town the power went out and the wife never flipped the breaker to the garage bay.

I turn the key and nothing ... absolutely nothing.

Do you think I can jump it or should I replace it? I unplugged both the negative and positive and tried to pull out the battery by the strap, but it wouldn't budge. Is there anything that I need to do the remove the battery?

Live Faster

Need for SPEED!!!
Established Member
Mine was dead back in January for about a month during storage,I just threw a battery charger on for about 2 weeks. Haven't had issues with it ever since.

AMP GT500

Established Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll follow the strap to the bolt!

I have spring fever and want to drive, asap, so I'd rather just buy a new battery rather than wait 2 weeks while the battery is on the charger.

Last edited:

freakshow12

Established Member
I just did this. Ford gave me a new battery on warranty. Just unscrew the bolt and the battery will come out. There is a blanket around it too. I undid the strap and took the blanket off then removed the battery. You wouldn't believe the bugs etc under there and my car is clean clean!

AMP GT500

Established Member
I just did this. Ford gave me a new battery on warranty. Just unscrew the bolt and the battery will come out. There is a blanket around it too. I undid the strap and took the blanket off then removed the battery. You wouldn't believe the bugs etc under there and my car is clean clean!

Thanks I finally figured it out....much easier than expected. I took it to a local auto parts shop (the owner has 3 mustangs, I being a '13GT500) and he recharged it for me. Going to give it a try this afternoon. If this does not work, I will take it back to the dealer where I purchased the car. I wanted this to be my last resort, as it is about 60 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread