Removing the bap and changing to dual gt pumps will the car need a retune

662rwtq

Established Member
Well guys i decided to ditch the bap I have put the best of the best in this car and shorted on the fuel system i know stupid me but i decided to get rid of the bap and stock pumps. Im planning on dropping in dual gt pumps and a stage 2 modified fpdm. Now for my questions.

I right now I have a pprv delete do most people keep the delete with the bigger pumps or is there no use for it.

My 2nd question is do cobra owners continue to run a BAP with the bigger pumps is there a need to or do i just delete that.

M 3rd question is with doing this swap will it need a retune or is it all set.

Thanks guys :beer:
kyle

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Yes, absolutely you will need a new tune.

I would leave the BAP but either way its good.

Leave the PPRV delete as well.

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Well guys i decided to ditch the bap I have put the best of the best in this car and shorted on the fuel system i know stupid me but i decided to get rid of the bap and stock pumps. Im planning on dropping in dual gt pumps and a stage 2 modified fpdm. Now for my questions.

I right now I have a pprv delete do most people keep the delete with the bigger pumps or is there no use for it.

My 2nd question is do cobra owners continue to run a BAP with the bigger pumps is there a need to or do i just delete that.

kyle

If you're wanting "the best of the best" (on a returnless system), go with a Fore billet fuel hat, dual GT pumps, and a dual FPDM setup...:beer:

bigmoose

Established Member
its a good idea to get the most out of the pumps. the voltage table is different from the stock pumps. i would keep the BAP, the GT pumps don't flow much more than stock pumps unless you upgrade the fuel hat and lines.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If you're wanting "the best of the best" (on a returnless system), go with a Fore billet fuel hat, dual GT pumps, and a dual FPDM setup...:beer:
+1

With this set up you can also ditch the BAP.

For the tune, you will need to load new fuel pump voltage tables for the GT pumps.

662rwtq

Established Member
ok anymore input i was planning on staying with the stock hat and running gt pumps and stage 2 fpdm is that enough fuel for my hp set up

twhitey

Established Member
I just sold my BAP I bought GT pumps and am going to run dual FPDMs. I dont think I will need the BAP at my level.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The problem with running the stock hat and the GT pumps is that the wires in the stock hat are too small for the required voltage. Also, the smaller fuel outlet on the stock hat is sub-par for the GT pumps output.

If you try to add the larger wires and larger fuel fitting to the stock hat, there is no good way to seal it. Some have tried and it may work for a little while, but it will eventually leak.

This is why most go with the Fore Hat.

GodStang

Established Member
The problem with running the stock hat and the GT pumps is that the wires in the stock hat are too small for the required voltage. Also, the smaller fuel outlet on the stock hat is sub-par for the GT pumps output.

If you try to add the larger wires and larger fuel fitting to the stock hat, there is no good way to seal it. Some have tried and it may work for a little while, but it will eventually leak.

This is why most go with the Fore Hat.

I actually got my stock hat to run an -8an line. Worked great for 4 years and now I need 3 pumps, but I was on aviator pumps and not GT pumps. As 04sleeper said everything about the stock hat is really not up to par for running the GT pumps. Highly highly recommend Fore hat and dual FPDMs.

You ask is what you have good enough for the mods you have. We have no idea what your mods are so no way of telling. You say you are doing the best of the best but you seem to have skipped alot of very important things.

As far as running the BAP I would keep it. If your alternator starts to go which is very common on these cars and you go into boost and you are not getting the amprage back there you may be SOL. Its nice to have extra security.

svtleen

Established Member

kyle

Those are the exact same questions I was going to ask on SVTP. lol :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread