Removing Wheel Weights???

thexman10

Established Member
First off let me say that I did use the SEARCH button first, but I didn't find what I was looking for (was probably there somewhere thought). If I remove the outside weights that came on my stock chrome wheels, should there be any damage to the chrome behind the weights? Also I read to use dental floss to remove them, is this the best way? I really want to get these weights off there.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
why not leave it to the guy who is rebalancing them for you? its just a double-sided tape that holds them on [since i doubt you would be removing a clip-on weight with floss]

just grab the weight and pull it off if you want it off. then hit the leftover adhesive with some lacquer thinner or brake parts cleaner.

just remember that its there for a reason. get your wheels rebalanced. dont complain when they're not perfect with both weights on the inside.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I just had my wheels rebalanced today. I have a little shimmy in the steering wheel and I'm trying to figure out if it's a bent rim or out of balance wheel, or... I had two recently balanced rear wheels, 1 front with an outside weight and 1 front where the weight fell off. The guy did all 4 for nothing. I bought him lunch. He says my car is his favorite to work on. He has a Camaro SS. I took him for a ride today and he says: "Man is this car fast!" I told him that the pullied guys think my car is a dog and he just shook his head. :)

Users who are viewing this thread