Repair Update

95R#177

Established Member
This is mostly to those who have asked how it's going...Mark, Brian, Sean, Tom, etc.

All body work is done, and the car is painted. The hood is satin black. I have the radiator (damn hard to find), oil cooler, p/s cooler, and coolant can re-installed. I reconditioned the front bumper cover, and it is re-installed. I installed the MM c/c plates, and adjustable rear lower control arms. I put on new front rotors and pads (Performance Friction 01 compound). The brake cooler duct brackets are installed. I removed the heater hardware from the engine bay and inside, and capped the firewall holes.

On Monday, I'm going to do the MM panhard bar, and get the front suspension set up. I will also install the front brake ducting, and exhaust dumps. On Friday I leave for my first track event of the year at Pueblo Motorsports Park with NASA. On this forum, I think just Kevin and I are attending.

I have just run my car with the stock c/c devices and settings. What c/c settings should I use with my new MM plates?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Congrats Shane, glad to hear your going to up and running soon. :) Have fun next weekend, give Kevin a kick in the pants for me. ;)

Run as much caster as you can get while keeping it the same from side to side. With your car being a track only car, I would start out with around -2 to -3 degrees of camber. (I am running -3.5)

Brian

93SVTCobra

Established Member
PICTURES!!!!!!!

Let us know if you need anything else.

I agree with Brian on the camber settings....

kevin

Cobra-R said:
Congrats Shane, glad to hear your going to up and running soon. :) Have fun next weekend, give Kevin a kick in the pants for me. ;)

Run as much caster as you can get while keeping it the same from side to side. With your car being a track only car, I would start out with around -2 to -3 degrees of camber. (I am running -3.5)

Brian

u b funny ;)

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Shane,

Glad to hear you are together. Ummm, I mean the car.

Why did you have problems on the radiator? It is a Ford Racing catalog item...or is it discontinued?

Tom

95R#177

Established Member
the radiator is discontinued by FRPP, and there were only a few ( I was told 5) in stock, which were bought by various parts shops some time ago...so, the total stock on that radiator amounts to the 5 that FRPP used to have, plus a few that were already in stock at various parts shops prior to being discontinued...a total of about 10 probably...I finally located 2 of them, so there's probably about 8 left out there...FRPP told me all 95R parts in the catalog will be discontinued by mid-summer

I'll get some photos this week and email to someone who can post. One more question...what is the best ride-height setting for the rear control arms...how much thread should be showing on the adjustment bolts?

95R#177

Established Member
r82of250 said:
Just for future reference, where did you find your radiator Shane?

an outfit called "Total Performance", I misplaced the phone number...they only answer the phone on Thursdays...got their number from FRPP

Got the exhaust dumps done...I'm a little concerned it may be too loud now? I may be crazy, but I could swear it made less noise with just the open X-pipe!

Users who are viewing this thread