replacement computer?

acerbas

Established Member
At the risk of appearing redundant I am going to post these questions to all of the Lightning boards. Those of you with '99s or '00s who got a 2001 motor, did they also give you the 2001 computer? What about the intake system, did they install the 90mm MAF, too? I don't know yet, but I assume that Ford is going to send an '01 motor to replace my broken '00. Now I would prefer that they install the intake off my old motor as is- single blade throttle body and 80mm ProM MAF. If they do this am I correct in assuming that they will not have to swap out my CUX2 computer for a CNX1? I am pretty sure that if they insist on installing the '01 90mm MAF they will have to swap out the computer, right? What will they do about enlarging the fender opening if they do? Am I within my rights to insist that they use my existing intake and computer? And those of you who have had this swap, what else should I look out for?

Never mind. Went and looked at my new motor today, and they are just going to install my old intake and keep the CUX2 computer. What broke my heart is that even though the motor came with the new i/c and blower they had to take them off and order an '00 blower and i/c to replace my leaking, flaking units. Reason- the new parts are not emission certified for the '00 trucks. They are obviously much better engineered units which should flow a lot more air. 20 h.p. my ass, I'll bet the '01s are making at least 40 - 50 h.p. more than the '00s. At least they ordered the new, improved (?) i/c kit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread