Replacement idler pulley bearings

Undy

Established Member
For those with the aftermarket idler pullies these are the best bearings to use when yours get "tired". They're especially designed for high rpm, heat and load useage, much better than the OEM bearings. Cost is between 6$ to 10$ from bearing supply houses. I got the mfr/part number from Billetflow so you know they must be the best..

NTN 6203T2X3LLUACS25

Dave

dougwg

Established Member
Thats right Dave...

If any of you have an idler pulley bearing go south in your stock idler pulley you don't have to replace the whole thing you can just get new bearings, press them in yourself and save a few $$

P.S. but I still say you should "upgrade" to BF Idler pulleys ;-)..hehe

AMB

Established Member
dougwg

Are you going to the PRI Show ?? Will you be at any booth ??

AMB

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Undy,
Did you have to change any yet?
Mine are moving sideways. Picture the pulley wobbling. They still spin ok, but the pulley outer edge moves front to rear on a couple of the pulleys. The center stays stationary.
This is a bearing problem, NOT a pulley or mounting issue.
If you purchased these replacements, is there this type of movement?
I have 3 new bearings sitting here that do the same thing.
I'm ready to punch the bearings out of the stock idlers and use them. They're not loose, but probably won't live too long.

Dana

Last edited:

Undy

Established Member
Originally posted by Dana
Undy,
Did you have to change any yet?
Mine are moving sideways. Picture the pulley wobbling. They still spin ok, but the pulley outer edge moves front to rear on a couple of the pulleys. The center stays stationary.
This is a bearing problem, NOT a pulley or mounting issue.
If you purchased these replacements, is there this type of movement?
I have 3 new bearings sitting here that do the same thing.
I'm ready to punch the bearings out of the stock idlers and use them. They're not loose, but probably won't live too long.

Dana

I haven't changed any yet. Mine are still doing OK. I think I'm going to buy them and let'em sit till they're needed. The bearings are sort of tiny compared to the loads they support.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Undy and Dan,

I bought a 20-ton hydraulic press so if you guys need someone to press the bearings for you, you can send them to me and I'll do it and send them back. All you pay is shipping.

MJ

Juiced-03

Established Member
I just use a hammer, socket, and wrench to swap the bearings lol. Works fine!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Mark,
Thanks for the offer Mark, but it's not getting the bearings out of the bore that's the problem, that's a piece of cake. It's getting the little hex head screws out of the pulley that is the fun part.

Dana

AMB

Established Member
Replacement Pulley Bearings

I have a 20 ton press , if anybody needs to have them replaced I can do it also. Just send me the pulleys and bearings, you just pay shupping both ways. The hard part is to install the NEW bearings correctly. You need to dvive the new bearing in by the outer race only, as not to dammage the balls/races.

AMB

Users who are viewing this thread