Replacing clutch this weekend. How important is it to install firewall adjuster?

jeffl9682

Established Member
I'm replacing my clutch at work this Saturday and Iam also replacing the clutch fork, pivot ball, flywheel etc with all factory oem parts. The one thing I didn't order was an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster
I was wwondering if anyone ran into any issues with using the factory quadrant with an after market clutch and flywheel. It's a ram steel flywheel and centerforce dual friction clutch.
i plan on getting ythose down the road with a new oem shifter cable when funds allow.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
I hate those aftermarket quadrants, the clutch releases way too low on the quadrant and that makes power shifting a PITA. As far as the adjusters go I can take them or leave them, they shouldn't be necessary with a stock replacement style clutch.

ModularKid'04

Established Member
I'm replacing my clutch at work this Saturday and Iam also replacing the clutch fork, pivot ball, flywheel etc with all factory oem parts. The one thing I didn't order was an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster
I was wwondering if anyone ran into any issues with using the factory quadrant with an after market clutch and flywheel. It's a ram steel flywheel and centerforce dual friction clutch.
i plan on getting ythose down the road with a new oem shifter cable when funds allow.

They're cheap and the only time they cause problems are when they're installed wrong. I would suggest BBK, they make a strong quadrant. They usually arent needed on a stock clutch but a buddy of mine has a Centerforce (I think lol) clutch in on his bolt on '04 GT and 2nd and 3rd gears would grind when shifting at higher rpm's. Installed the adjuster and quadrant and it shifts fine now. I've heard the stock ones like to bend when put under the stress of hard shifting. As far as the adjuster, like stated above, I think it's a preference thing

Users who are viewing this thread