Replacing front brake pads

olchakla

Dallas Mustang Cover Car
Established Member
Anyone have recommendations towards what brake pads to put on the front? I only got 9500 miles on the front pads and want something to hold up longer. I don't run AutoX, yet, but drive hard and stop fast.

Suggestions?

blk96SVT

Established Member
Never had them on my car, but I'm getting some from TireRack on Monday. They are Hawk pads and I heard they are a lot better than stock pads.

Tim

Ashentep

Established Member
Hawk HPS :thumbsup:
I recently installed a full set of the HPS pads on my '01 Cobra, and the difference is amazing.

Undy

Established Member
I'm using the Performance Friction carbon metalics from Autozone..
They bite good with no noise and seem rotor friendly. I wanted to ugrade for track events.. next, s/s brake hoses and brake ducts.:-D

SuperSonic

Established Member
I put on a set of Hawk HP Plus pads, front and rear, they are a grade above the HPS pads, but I'm going to be doing a lot of autocrosses and open track events, so I can live with the extra squeaks and dust.

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
I would also replace the rubber brake lines with steel lines. This helps a tone as well.

Ceramic pads are the best but, they need to be heated up when you first out driving (ride that brake a bit) They are no good in cold weather, at least for me. (-10 in Chicago most of the winter
:cryying: )

Cheers
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread