Replacing tires / brakes

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
Anyone replace their tires yet on the 11 GT's with Brembo's? I'm about to replace mine and I haven't found something I like just yet. On my 2003 I was a big fan of the NT-555's but they don't make them in the OEM size.

Also looking into brake pads. Any suggestions for these two items?

scotmach

Established Member
I bought Brembo wheels without tires and used Hankook tires on them. Not a lot of choices for 19" tires out there, especially drag radials.

Melvo

Trying to be fast
Established Member
Look into the Michelin Pilot sports. I heard they were cheaper than our pirellis

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I've really grown to like the Pirellis on the brembo package. I've gotten great wear out of them, even considering the track time they've seen. The have tons of lateral grip and are decently quiet.

With that said, their pricing is outrageous. I might look in to something like an Azenzi RT615 as a replacement. Since the car no longer will see winter roads, that's an option.

I would also look at the Nitto INVO if you don't want anything R compound. I believe they have the correct size.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Nitto INVO or Michelin Pilot Super Sport would be my two choices on tires. Both tires come in a wide selection of sizes for 19" rims. As for brake pads, look into Hawk Performance. For a daily driver I'd use their HPS pads.

zilla8

Established Member
I dont have a Brembo car but I did upgrade my stock brakes with Hawk HPS pads and Goodrige stainless lines.I also changed fluid to Motul RBF600.This combo works great and was a big improvement over stock.

I have the Continental extreme contact DW tires and they are a very good tire for the money.It's a summer tire but I've driven in the rain and they offer plenty of grip when wet.I was so impressed with these tires that i will replace them with another set when the time comes.

I have the black Ford Racing track pack wheels and 245/45-19 tires
_MG_9029.jpg

Last edited:

cababah

Established Member
I dont have a Brembo car but I did upgrade my stock brakes with Hawk HPS pads and Goodrige stainless lines.I also changed fluid to Motul RBF600.This combo works great and was a big improvement over stock.

I have the Continental extreme contact DW tires and they are a very good tire for the money.It's a summer tire but I've driven in the rain and they offer plenty of grip when wet.I was so impressed with these tires that i will replace them with another set when the time comes.

I have the black Ford Racing track pack wheels and 245/45-19 tires
_MG_9029.jpg

+1 i have the continental extreme contact DW's and the dry grip seems to be very solid but i have to say that i miss the stiff sidewall of the stock pirellis...when i do quick lane changes or sharp turns, the dw's soft sidewalls make the car feel a bit lazier (what i noticed).

i haven't logged that many miles on them so i cannot comment on wear but if they last me 20k, i might consider getting another set....these things are hard to beat in the price category. i replaced my pirellis that came on the car at about 13k miles (regularly rotated every 4k)

acrbill

Established Member
I don't have Brembo wheels but the aftermarket set I have are 19x8/9 with 245/275 Hankook v12 tires and they are fantastic tires.

I drove Deals Gap and they gripped the road great and did not overheat.

Users who are viewing this thread