Replacing water pump

blwnmstc

Established Member
My water pump starting leaking so I assume that its going bad and before it goes out I want to change. The only thing is that I don't know if I can remove with the blower in place. Im not trying to beat around the bush buy not taking off the blower but would like not to cuz of the amount of time I have to do it. Is it possible to remove the water pump without removing the blower? My blower set up is a vortech v-1 s-trim. Any help help would ne great, thanx.

tmoee3

Established Member
I dont know the answer as far as removing your blower. But i just installed the meziere electric water pump and it was defint worth it. just a thought since u have to change GL

newossab

Established Member
Yes it will free up power, they consume virtually no engine power. My only question would be durability for street use.

tmoee3

Established Member
yes it does free up horse power and acceleration is much smoother. I dont drive my car everyday so not a problem for me. For an everyday driver i wouldnt recommend it but i would check with someone else about that. i also installed that 180 thermostat with the electric water pump (meziere) and changed my fan settings on my tuner and the car runs just below 180 at all times. next year when i redo my tranny going to install that cooling mod they have on hear great protection for yur engine.

tmoee3

Established Member
ive heard of these pumps lasting for up to 10 years havent heard anything bad about them. obviously make sure u get a water gauge and u should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread