repost haters?

jugsreturn

Established Member
Why is there such hatred when people reply to a post with "repost"? Especially when the same thing has already been mentioned and it's two or three threads down? It seems all the moderators hate the repost police, but don't they get sick of seeing the same stuff all the time too? I guess this is more of a question than a suggestion.

--
JugsReturn

TORQJNKY

I will bring this thread, comment or question back from the dead because no one else answered it.

Who cares if it's a "Repost"! There are over 90,000 members in this forum who don't see every single thread posted. If it's something that you've seen already 89,999 others may not have. Don't waste your time and type "Repost" because all it does is piss off the OP and make you look like a :loser: with nothing better to do than police the forum. Simple solution is if you've seen a post before, just move on to the next thread and enjoy something else that you haven't before. :beer:

canibus

Established Member
^^^ I agree with you up to a point. When people fail to use the search the ken block videos get out of hand. most of the time there will be 2 threads about it on the front page and someone will still come in and start a new one. The video of the little kid parking the toy mustang, the anaconda snake, susan boyle etc., It gets annoying. It's not so much that they were posted again that bothers some, it's that people don't take the time to do a quick search. Bashing them hopefully teaches them to search next time. I rarely call out repost, but I am guilty of saying some clever shit to get the point across.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
^^^ I agree with you up to a point. When people fail to use the search the ken block videos get out of hand. most of the time there will be 2 threads about it on the front page and someone will still come in and start a new one. The video of the little kid parking the toy mustang, the anaconda snake, susan boyle etc., It gets annoying. It's not so much that they were posted again that bothers some, it's that people don't take the time to do a quick search. Bashing them hopefully teaches them to search next time. I rarely call out repost, but I am guilty of saying some clever shit to get the point across.

I will have to give you a +65,000 on this. I am a real hater of people who don't use the search feature for things that are very common questions, or like you said don't even bother to look at the first 1 or 2 pages of threads before posting something. those deserve a lashing.

edited to add: altho bringing back a TWO year old thread when obviously even the op doesn't care enough to ask it again ... ranks right up there IMHO lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread