Reproduction Window Stickers

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
SVTCobra96 said:
I have mine if you need a scan of it for anything just let me know
what color is yours? laser red? it needs to be of a 98 though, right? does yours have the year on it?

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
badass98svt said:
what color is yours? laser red? it needs to be of a 98 though, right? does yours have the year on it?

Mine is white 96, I'll be scanning this weekend.

93Cobra2771 said:
SVTCobra96 - thanks for the offer, PM sent.

It's been folded up and sitting in my glove box, is that going to be ok? I mean the window sticker is in good condition it's just been folded up, I don't know if that'll effect anything?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
is there anyway you could make me a replica sticker for my drivers side door jamb?
you know, the one that tells you the recommended psi for tires, int. code, ext. paint code etc.
That would me a custom project, and to be honest, I've got enough volume on the window stickers to keep me busy. Sorry, I'm not interested at this time.

It's been folded up and sitting in my glove box, is that going to be ok? I mean the window sticker is in good condition it's just been folded up, I don't know if that'll effect anything?
Not a problem, scan away! :D

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Sure!
For a sample, go here:
http://www.corral.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=51&cat=500&page=7

I'll try a hotlink to see if the corral does hotlinking still:
window_sticker_web_sample.jpg

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
93Cobra2771 said:
That would me a custom project, and to be honest, I've got enough volume on the window stickers to keep me busy. Sorry, I'm not interested at this time.

um, thanks...i guess :shrug:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
The problem with doing the door jamb stickers, is there is a TON of research to do to figure out what should be on them. And it varies with EACH year. I've got hours of research done on the window stickers, along with several research books. Guess I'll just stick with what I know.

Plus, a lot of people use the door tags for authentication that a car is what it is. If a car has had a door replaced/removed, I'd feel responsible is someone bought a car with a repro. tag in it's place - thinking they were getting an unmolested car.

Not saying you would do that, but there are people who would/have done such things in the past.

Plus, I'd have to figure out a way to do a good lamination (to match the original style/type), and to attach it to the door jamb.

Anyhow, thought I would explain my position a little further. :)

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
PJM99 said:
I have my original window sticker for my 1997 Cobra.

Any way you could scan it at 300 dpi and send it to me? Or, if you can't scan it, can you snap a pic as high resolution as you and send it to me? rwhite 3 0 2 @ yahoo.com.

Users who are viewing this thread