Republican Nat'l Convention.. You watching it?

Watching Republican Nat'l Convention?

• Yes

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Don't care about politics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
In a way...to me...he is connecting to others with faith too. If a jewish president were to come up and tell me to eat koshir, i would take it as him/her telling me in their own way to take care of yourself. I dont see how when someone says "praise the lord" "shallom" etc. as "forcing" their religion on you. again...i guess im just odd :thumbsup: or accepting with the fact that there are people out there who differ in opinion and belief

The point is that it is not the place of the government to suggest in any way, shape, or form anything about religion.

That is something that should be completely left up to the individual citizen (as it is supposed to be).

Last edited:

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
Right, so a future President could be any of the following major world religions and you wouldn't have a problem with it?

Baha'i
Buddhism
Christianity
Confucianism
Jainism
Judaism
Hinduism
Islam
Mormonism
Paganism
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoism
Zoroastrianism

not really...why should it bother me? that would be rather prejudice wouldnt it? just not liking someone because of their religion????....or is that me?

is it still the middle ages when everyone was going around beheading everyone who isnt catholic???:lol1:

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by Intimidator
The point is that it is not the place of the government to suggest in any way, shape, or form anything about religion.

That is something that should be completely left up to the individual citizen (as it is supposed to be).

i guess thats just your view.

I personally would rather have someone who believes in something and shows it that just a lifeless sould spitting out government vocabulary:thumbsup:

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
not really...why should it bother me? that would be rather prejudice wouldnt it? just not liking someone because of their religion????....or is that me?

is it still the middle ages when everyone was going around beheading everyone who isnt catholic???:lol1:

You really are an oddball! If only there were more like you.

It is unfortunate that you are a minority.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
i guess thats just your view.

I personally would rather have someone who believes in something and shows it that just a lifeless sould spitting out government vocabulary:thumbsup:

I'm not the only one with this particular view.

I personally would rather have someone who respects everyones wishes and leaves religion up to the individual as it should be under Freedom of Religion.

:thumbsup:

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
Bush might aswell become a preacher... wait.. he cant.. he's still a liar.. i watched the convention 4yrs. ago.. damn.. same stuff.. basically hes been busy revising his speach and preparing it for tonight not caring of whats going on with us.. Americans.. i say give that dude Kerry a try.. I heard he used to drag with his stang. lol

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
PLus, whatever happened with seperation btw. church and state? Also, 2 of my buddies got arrested for protesting in NYC tonight.. and they didnt even do anything to deserve it.. look at AOL news for setails how the supreme court fined $1000 for every wrongful arrest which totalled out to 480 people. Nice going pigs..

Last edited:

KDog

Established Member
Whatever happened with it? It's everywhere. Ten commandments being taken out of a courthouse, non-denominational crosses being taken down all over the country if they reside on gov. property, no prayers at public school events...

There's also another part of the constitution - freedom of religion. Bush's faith has nothing to do with Separation of Church and State as long as he doesn't force a belief on someone.

Intimidator

El Spanko!
Established Member
but he said god bless!!!!! :bored: :bash:

Exactly.

As an American Citizen I don't want my President to have anything to do with religion when he is REPRESENTING me and my values.

I also don't want my President to use my tax money to fund CHRISTIAN churches and projects. Last time I checked he wasn't supporting Buddhist temples, or synagogues, or mosques.

:nonono:

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
bush is still a liar.. promises promises.. sure he makes good speaches and wish he was one of my professors.. but he should do what he says and not get peoples hopes up every 4 yrs and disappear along with his promises in meantime when people are waiting for him to come through? does anyone agree?

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
at least he has a plan...

i guess kerry is just going to praise his vietnam service in his next speech...i guess he forgot he hated it 30 years ago...

or will he be whining about how mean spirited the repubs are? oddly enough...he has been bush bashing for the last year...guess he forgot that too...

Last edited:

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
ted koppel was being interviewed on the shawn hannity show earlier in the week and was goin on and on about kerry...oddly enough...when shawn asked him "what is kerry stance on the issues and what does he stand for and believe in" you know what the answer was?

:silence:....literally...the question could not be answered and was laughed at by someone who was so amped on kerry and the democrats...even the democrats know kerry hasnt stated a plan yet:nonono:

i have a feeling when the issues are brought forth in the debates that kerry will own himself by proclaiming he is for a "tough fight on terror"...and will be responded with "but earlier you said we exaggerated threats and we have gone too far..."

Last edited:

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
ted koppel was being interviewed on the shawn hannity show earlier in the week and was goin on and on about kerry...oddly enough...when shawn asked him "what is kerry stance on the issues and what does he stand for and believe in" you know what the answer was?

:silence:....literally...the question could not be answered and was laughed at :nonono:

pwn3d!

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
hell even STEVEN BALDWIN laughed at kerry's "stance on issues" and will be voting for bush this year ;)

::sings::

his name is flipper...flipper...

KDog

Established Member
back to Kerry's strategy already - talking about lies and promises? ;-)

I see a lot of promises he kept - education funding, tax cuts, stronger military...

Users who are viewing this thread