Republican Voters.

Would you rather vote for Zell Miller than John McCain ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tistan

Established Member
I'm a Georgia boy, and I think Zell Miller is more conservative and a stronger leader than McCain. Zell gets my vote.

Juruense

Banned
In 2004, he cosponsored a proposed Constitutional amendment that, if ratified, would have prohibited government, at any level, from recognizing any homosexual domestic partnerships. On March 11 of that year, he introduced legislation that would have created a board of "shapers of opinions" (as he called it in his introductory speech) to advise broadcasters on content the government deemed acceptable or unacceptable, and to make automatic re-appropriations of some of the revenue generated from media-"indecency" fines to pay for federal services directed through religious establishments. Later that year, he proposed a Constitutional amendment to repeal the 17th Amendment (this would transfer the right to elect U.S. Senators from the people back to the state legislatures, as the Constitution originally provided for).

Miller established himself as a conservative on virtually all economic issues. He was the first Democrat in the Senate to publicly declare his support for the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001, a broad-based tax cut which was criticised by opponents for favoring the rich and being fiscally irresponsible. Miller was the only Democrat to vote against an amendment to that same bill submitted by Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) to scale back portions of that tax cut in order to spend more on education and debt reduction. He strongly opposed the estate tax and voted a number of times for its repeal. He also advocated drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

Miller argued in his book A National Party No More (authored and published in 2003) that the Democratic Party lost its majority because it does not stand for the same ideals that it did in the era of John F. Kennedy. He argued that the Democratic Party, as it now stands, is a far-left-wing party that is out of touch with the America of today and that the Republican Party now embraces the conservative Democratic ideals that he has held for so long.

:lol: no ****ing way...

Last edited:

GT_Jim

Established Member
He switches his views based on what he wants at the moment it looks like. You can't be Democrat and vote conservative and still be a true liberal. *moving on*

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Zell is crazy so I'd rather have Sen McCain's moderation instead of Zell's extremism.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
He switches his views based on what he wants at the moment it looks like. You can't be Democrat and vote conservative and still be a true liberal. *moving on*

Modern Democrats are Liberal. Old school Democratism is actually more conservative than modern Republicanism in many regards.

With that being said, I think you're forgetting that McCain almost became Kerry's running mate. :nonono:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Didn't he have something to do with the HOPE scholarship here in GA? Tuition paid-for if you can hold a 3.0

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread