Reputable Diesel / Power stroke mechanic in MA/RI?

RL1

Established Member
I have a 96 F350 Power stroke, it's been dripping oil for the past 2yrs or so. The past month or so it's gotten much worse. Today I noticed it's real bad, lost a good qt in the driveway after a 25 min ride home. It usually leaks 2-3qts over a 10k period. I topped it off a few weeks ago and after checking today its down a good 6qts :eek: Tonight I degreased the bottom of the motor so I could see better and noticed it's dripping down the cross member , cant see any higher because it's in the way.

The truck is in good shape, has 122k on the clock and I think Its worth fixing. Id rather go to someone that works on them frequently and knows them - any suggestions??

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
My buddy's had an oil leak, turned out he needed to do the oil pan gasket. You have to buy that silicone stuff from Ford. They don't use a gasket on it. He did that and the leak went away.

RL1

Established Member
I ended up calling mass Diesel, $900 to replace the oil pan. Have to cut the cross member out and weld it back in. But I think its the oil cooler. Its on the drivers side and they are known to crack. $300 to replace that. Either way I'm going to tow it up to them, thanks for the help guys.

88_Stanga

Established Member
i just did an oil cooler on a 96 PSD at my work. Wasnt too bad of a job, just makes a mess. The oil pans are also known to rust away on those things too. ive patched 4 or 5 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread