Reputable Shop for Clutch Replacement in San Diego

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I want to start pricing together all the parts i'll need to do a clutch replacement in my 98 Cobra. Anyone have recommendations for decent shops to do the work. I'm less concerned about price and more concerned it gets done correctly by people who know what they're talking about. I work near Pro Gear so I might check them out. They did my gear swap and was happy with their work.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I called Pro Gear in Kearny Mesa and they said they would rather not do clutch replacements. He recommended a place in Santee called Certified Transmission. I called them and the guy quoted me $1,032 for an OEM clutch replacement/PP/TB. Sounds a little steep, no?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you call Woodside?

Did that price include the clutch or are you providing the clutch?

Last edited:

Fox 5.0

Established Member
I forgot about Woodside. Thanks for the reminder... i'll give Pierre a call. That price did include all parts/labor. Whats the deal with SoCalStangs? Has it shut down?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm guessing Pattyrick took it off his server. He was the one running it last I heard.

That's not a bad price if it includes parts. I do have a stock 04 Cobra clutch with about 20k on it if you need one.

Fox 5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the offer. However, I think i'm going to keep it 10.5" and not go up to 11" so I don't have to buy a new flywheel.

Users who are viewing this thread