Residency Change NJ to FL

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Hey everyone, I figured the LEO forum might have the proper information or be able to guide me. I am having trouble figuring out how to become a resident of Florida. I see a lot of information online about how to obtain Voter Registration Cards, things needed for a Driver's license, etc. but I cannot find where I register to become a resident, and what documentation I need and will receive once I am registered. I am moving from NJ to Florida if that helps at all.

Thanks in advance for the links or info you can provide. Have a good weekend all. :beer:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
Not LE. but you have to have a domicile (place to live) and get mail . and that's about it, there is no "residency card" unless you choose to not have a driver's license and just get the state ID. I will warn you about a couple of things. This must be your "primary residence" in other words don't show up, rent an apartment for a couple of months and claim to be a resident to get a FL CWP, especially if you own a house someplace else. Yankees come down here every winter from up north and try this all the time. (you CAN get a non resident CWP).
If you get a job in FL you are required to get your license plates changed and a Florida DL or you will be fined after (I think) it's 90 days from time of employment.
FWIW, if you vote, and you register Independent you will NOT be allowed to vote in primary elections (since "Is" don't have primaries).
Hope this helps..
BTW welcome to freedom to pretty much do what you want.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread