Respect?

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
I got an interesting question...i have a 99gt and was thinkin about getting a supercharger...prolly ati...but im 18 and it would take me forever to save up that much with just min wage...i really like the design on the new NOSzle kit from NOS...and was wondering how safe it would be? the car is gonna have the bolt ons listed below with prolly a clutch, flywheel, bbk long tube headers, off road x pipe to match, and a 70mm thottle body. the kit comes with wot switch and something to make sure the air/fuel ratio is right...but what should i really get for it...like ignition timing adj. for a 4.6 air fuel gauge...new pump...etc. Is it gonna be safe to punch the giggle gas once a week or so or should i refrain and do it less often...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...also wondering if i would get the same respect as a supercharger guy...everyone always says cheating is nos but says nothin about a supercharger...

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
i too am 19 and would like to know what people think about the safety and cost of a good nitrous setup. I know the tune is the most important but would it just be better to save up for a blower. And not to start a flame war but what is the best nitrous kit. I.E. advantages to one kit vs. another.

Thanks I. A.

Mike

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
from what ive read...the NOSzle kit is awesome. they put it on a bone stock gt that makes about 236 in hp and 280 something in tourque...on the 150 shot it made 380 hp and 503 in tourque :eek: ...there go the tires. :burnout: and from what i understand is actually pretty safe...altough i would still get something to control timing...new plugs...wires...plasma booster...etc.

Wildcard

Established Member
Don't overlook the venom kit. It's a little more expensive ($1000 range), but it's super safe. It shuts itself off and is computer controlled. I'm actually thinking of getting one down the road as an overkill addition. You know just in case:mj:

oh yeah, 20yrs. old

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread